New ex-players (and managers) thread

His good fortune was possibly overshadowed by that of Ritchie DeLaet that season. Having appeared in about 15 games for us, he was displaced by a Mancunian thug. Moving to the North-East he then made about 10 appearances for Middlesbrough, helping them to the Championship top spot and himself to two divisional winners' medals in the same season.
Which must be the first and only time that will happen?

Danny Simpson is involved in Boxing now isn't he

I think De Laet also scored the first goal against Aston Villa in those halcyon upsetting-Tim-Sherwood days

He stropped like a little bitch at the end. There was some drama and then he left us. But sometimes it comes with the territory. I hold no grudge against him. You never knew his side of the story or agreement.

I digress. What a ****ing incredible player. The most skillful player we’ve ever had. When it came to dribbling, ball control, magical skill, game changing movement - Riyad Mahrez was truly world class.

Akinbiyi had a great career at Championship level after leaving Palace - so just maybe the problem was them rather than him, and this classless behaviour from an utter twat certainly supports that idea

Sven’s funeral today

I watched the amazon prime documentary the other night.
The main thing I took from it apart from the football history is that the bloke from the News of the World talking about their coverage of Sven's private life, looked & sounded exactly like you'd expect such a person to look & sound.
He was a living, breathing caricature. A weasly, revolting little scumbag who looks like he'd smoked 40 a day since nursery school & gropes women on crowded tube trains.
Talked about the fact that Sven's love life was front page for months as if was still a source of journalistic pride.
Served as a reminder of what a ****ing detestable little rag that "newspaper" was.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45