New F1 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly when Hill and Mansell both drove for Williams?

No, I'm sure there have a been a few more recent
DC/Irvine
DC/Button
Button/Irvine
DC/Hamilton
Hill/DC

Button had about 9 podium finishes in the year he finished second to Schumacher, but Schumacher's car just didn't break down once.

Can't be bothered to look for the answer though!

Great race, Button deserved the win.

How Rubens managed to finish 2nd I dont know, seemed to crash into everyone.

Hamilton kept his head down and deserved some points.

Great race, Button deserved the win.

How Rubens managed to finish 2nd I dont know, seemed to crash into everyone.

Hamilton kept his head down and deserved some points.
Pretty accurate description.

Felt a tad sorry for Trulli, but rules is rules.

Love the new red button discussion for the couple of hours after the GP.

Great job BBC, but send Ledgard back to 5Live FFS.

Pretty accurate description.

Felt a tad sorry for Trulli, but rules is rules.

Love the new red button discussion for the couple of hours after the GP.

Great job BBC, but send Ledgard back to 5Live FFS.

Yep Legards awful. Doesn't even seem to have a basic grasp of the well set rules let alone the new ones. Very poor IMO. I'd rather have MB as the main man with someone like DC as second commentator.

Think I've seen a film about this before, 'The Curious Race of Jenson Button'.

No, I'm sure there have a been a few more recent
DC/Irvine
DC/Button
Button/Irvine
DC/Hamilton
Hill/DC

Button had about 9 podium finishes in the year he finished second to Schumacher, but Schumacher's car just didn't break down once.

Can't be bothered to look for the answer though!

it was in the paper today. Last double podium for Britain was Hungary 1999, DC 2nd and Irvine 3rd.

Yep Legards awful. Doesn't even seem to have a basic grasp of the well set rules let alone the new ones. Very poor IMO. I'd rather have MB as the main man with someone like DC as second commentator.

Legard also insisted on pronouncing the names of some drivers completely different to I have ever heard them. Kubica, Fisichella and Barrichello to name a few.

some guy put £200 on barrichello (?) @ 8/1 to win the drivers championship in the shop i work in the other day,has he any chance ?

some guy put £200 on barrichello (?) @ 8/1 to win the drivers championship in the shop i work in the other day,has he any chance ?

I doubt it, Brawn might have the advantage now but it won't be long before Ferrari and McClaren have caught back up. Also the fact Brawn haven't been able to do much testing could lead to them suffering from a fair few retirements. Finally, even if Brawn GP does manage to keep up their good form, I would fancy Jenson to beat Rubens in a race for the title.

I doubt it, Brawn might have the advantage now but it won't be long before Ferrari and McClaren have caught back up. Also the fact Brawn haven't been able to do much testing could lead to them suffering from a fair few retirements. Finally, even if Brawn GP does manage to keep up their good form, I would fancy Jenson to beat Rubens in a race for the title.

the cashier actually asked me for a price on barry chello...kind of sums up betfred really:102:

I know somebody who works for betfred and would have to agree :icon_lol:

they are a cowboy outfit,words fail me on the organisation and procedures that go on there,hence i'm desperately searching for alternative employment.

Hamilton and McLaren have all points docked from Australia.

Anything it seems to have a go at the black man. :icon_roll

BBC said:
Hamilton loses Aussie GP points

Trulli was passed by Hamilton when he slid off the track
Lewis Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of their podium finish and all points at the Australian Grand Prix.

The sport's world governing body said they were excluded "for providing evidence deliberately misleading to the stewards at the hearing on 29 March".

A post-race hearing promoted Hamilton from fourth to third after Trulli was penalised for passing the Englishman while the safety car was out.

Trulli and Toyota have been reinstated to third place.

The Italian was initially handed a 25-second penalty for the incident which saw him demoted to 12th.

Hamilton was summoned by stewards on Thursday to discuss what the FIA, motorsport's governing body, described as "a new element" of evidence.

It was not clear what the new evidence was, although it was thought to involve pit-to-car radio conversations between the team and driver, with the FIA ruling that there had been a breach of the international sporting code

The yellow safety flags came out at Melbourne after a collision between Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Robert Kubica in his BMW Sauber.

Trulli slid off the track and was passed by Hamilton but the Toyota driver said he had little choice but to overtake the Briton again.

"When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road," he said.

"I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton had told Speed TV after the race that Trulli went wide onto the grass at the second to last corner.

"I was forced to go by. I slowed down as much as I could. I was told to let him back past, I don't know if that's the regulations, and if it isn't, then I should have really had third," said the Briton.

Toyota had said after the race that they would make a protest but dropped that on Wednesday because they felt it had no chance of succeeding.

Anything it seems to have a go at the black man. :icon_roll

Why did you feel it necessary to mention his skin colour? Do you honestly think this affected the decision? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566