New Faces...but when?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their contracts finish at the end of the season...we won't have to sell them on...they go. Sadly we don't make anything out of it, but at least they are gone...I'll miss Walker, but he just simply gets paid too much.

IMO most of the players within the current squad would be available if the right offer came in. Since CL has come in he was always going to start looking to bring in his own players and stamp his authority on the team.

One thing that is for certain, is whatever division we start off in next season, it will be with a very different squad to the one from this season. Also CL has been assessing the squad, especially the older players who seem to be the ones "on trial", wouldnt be surprised to see a few of these moved on in the January transfer window.

Heath IMO will stay, I actually think CL is making his mind up about the likes of Dabizas, Keown and Dublin hence why they are playing. CL has got some big decisions to make and I think he is trying to see as much as possible the players he is "unsure" of before making these decisions.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but i imagine that if he could get £250k-£300k then Cl would get rid.

From what Ive heard about CL he does enjoy the passing game and sees his centre halves as part of that as they are the one who will be distributing the ball to start off most attacks, therefore I dont think he would rate Heath at all.

We wont get any money for Heath however as he is only a lower-class division 1 player at best and no one around these parts is gonna shell out any cash for a defender of that quality.Matt Elliott is only here to see out his contract, I think we all know that and no one is going to take on Benjamin etc because its a poor class of player for high wages.

Realistically, Scowcrofy is possibly the only player we would get sold money for from Norwich or Palace, but its a gamble to sell him and best left til the summer imo.

We should do everything we can to keep Scowy. He is an influential(SP) part of our team and you only need to look at cov away to see that is true. As for Walker, i think we should try our best to keep him as well, he is a quality keeper and is very solid, especially on crosses. Heath if sold we will have to get a fee for him as he is under 24 and that means the club has to recieve a fee for him. The others mentioned will most likely see out there contracts here and retire or keep playing at a lower level.

FOX MENTAL said:
We should do everything we can to keep Scowy. He is an influential(SP) part of our team and you only need to look at cov away to see that is true. As for Walker, i think we should try our best to keep him as well, he is a quality keeper and is very solid, especially on crosses. Heath if sold we will have to get a fee for him as he is under 24 and that means the club has to recieve a fee for him. The others mentioned will most likely see out there contracts here and retire or keep playing at a lower level.

Heath should be sold, he's toss, always has been, always will be.

agree Rotherham, with him in the side we are not where we want to be in terms of quality.

Heath if sold we will have to get a fee for him as he is under 24 and that means the club has to recieve a fee for him

That only appiles if his contract has expired and he wants to move at his own free will, we can release him if we want for nothing.

Semper Eadem said:
agree Rotherham, with him in the side we are not where we want to be in terms of quality.

Heath if sold we will have to get a fee for him as he is under 24 and that means the club has to recieve a fee for him

That only appiles if his contract has expired and he wants to move at his own free will, we can release him if we want for nothing.

I think alot of the young players in our club are seen as something that they aren't, i mean for example Tommy Wright, i know he hasn't had much of a look in but when he has, he's hardly taken his chances.

Matt Heath has scored the same amount as Dublin and more than Connolly this season. He is excellent in the box!

FOX MENTAL said:
Matt Heath has scored the same amount as Dublin and more than Connolly this season. He is excellent in the box!

Shite defender though.

is jean louis valois still at hearts? saw him at luton a few times, lazy feck but can be a match winner.

I suspect that when Levein talks about defenders, he's also talking about full backs. Other than Makin, who has been shite lately, we haven't got any - Canero, Stewart and Tiatto are all better going forward. It's quite likely that Keown, Dublin and Elliot are all finished/retired at the end of the season, and that only leaves Dabizas, Heath and Stearman. The midfield doesn't look too bad for the future, but we could definitely do with a striker or two as well.

DesertFox said:
I suspect that when Levein talks about defenders, he's also talking about full backs. Other than Makin, who has been shite lately, we haven't got any - Canero, Stewart and Tiatto are all better going forward. It's quite likely that Keown, Dublin and Elliot are all finished/retired at the end of the season, and that only leaves Dabizas, Heath and Stearman. The midfield doesn't look too bad for the future, but we could definitely do with a striker or two as well.

Dabizas will be off in the summer too as I can not see CL giving him a new deal (I hope).
People keep talking about the Jan window, but that would only come into effect if a prem club were interested in anyone, that's only Scowy who had speculation about Norwich, but I can not see him moving on until the summer (if he wanted too) as he is on a PT contract, so whats another six months.
IMO CL will see out the season with what we have got, let the players that are out of contract go that he feels are not worth it, retain one or two, then bring in new players.
All sound very easy does'nt it.

Naughty Fox said:
DesertFox said:

Dabizas will be off in the summer too as I can not see CL giving him a new deal (I hope).
People keep talking about the Jan window, but that would only come into effect if a prem club were interested in anyone, that's only Scowy who had speculation about Norwich, but I can not see him moving on until the summer (if he wanted too) as he is on a PT contract, so whats another six months.
IMO CL will see out the season with what we have got, let the players that are out of contract go that he feels are not worth it, retain one or two, then bring in new players.
All sound very easy does'nt it.

Dublin is hoping that a Prem club will come in for him in January...it is possible that Norwich or someone like that would be interested in an 'experienced premiership defender' :oops: We all know hes shite, but they might not

I still think Dublin will end up back at Coventry.We need a goalscorer in the Cottee mode,I'd get rid of Benjamin,100% commitment 20% talent,Blake obviously and I have my doubts regarding Wright.MA didn't play him and now CL doesn't seem that impressed they can't both be missing something.I suppose the problem is finding some club to take these players off our hands.Still think we should try and get Rob Hulse on loan,proven goalscorer at this level can't get a game at WBA must be worth a try.

MKFox said:
is jean louis valois still at hearts? saw him at luton a few times, lazy feck but can be a match winner.
hearts fan here
no, he left us halfway thru last season after utterly losing the way. last i heard hed played 1 game foe clyde this season and blinked into obscurity. when he arrived at tynecastle we thought he was a god. rite enough tho, hes a lazy shite and we're better without him
dont sign him!!

youngscot said:
MKFox said:
hearts fan here
no, he left us halfway thru last season after utterly losing the way. last i heard hed played 1 game foe clyde this season and blinked into obscurity. when he arrived at tynecastle we thought he was a god. rite enough tho, hes a lazy shite and we're better without him
dont sign him!!
cheers dude :wink:
s'pose if CL's got rid of him once he won't stand a chance.

but...
we reckon ure takin de vries, maybury and young craig gordon from us soon. really really hope u dont. altho de vries suffers from paper legs syndrome, hes been some player for us, scoring 4 against hibs on his home debut for a start. mayburys been absolutely amazing and even got into the ireland team from a non old firm team in scotland, which is some feat. as for gordon, theres a reason hes scotlands no 1 just now, the lads absolutely brilliant. hope it goes well for u, but..... lol

scowcroft suffered over 2 seasons of being played out of position, he still went about his job in a professional way, last time round in div 1 he did a good job for us but it was just unfair to expect a 6 foot whatever centre forward to perform consistently well on the WING in the prem. this season hes looked better and better and IMO is one of the best players at the club at present and also one of the most committed so i dont understand it when people say we should offload him cos hes not playing well.

rotherhamfox said:
FOX MENTAL said:

Heath should be sold, he's toss, always has been, always will be.

Mate you haven't got a clue....Heath has been outstanding this season, ok he's made a few mistakes.......but so have Stewart, Makin, Dabs etc......and he's getting goals!!! more than Connelly!!!!....who is shite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669