New Kit... kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are now selling the old IND COOPE retro kit!!

Is it a retro kit, or old stuff found in the attic that they've been hanging onto?:icon_conf

Remember buying the green and yellow by post.
Opened it up to find no fox but a feckin magpie. Barstewards had sent a notts county top instead of a City one. (Got sorted though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Brings back memories. Was that the days of Lynex, Smith & Lineker, or had the latter left by then?

Brings back memories. Was that the days of Lynex, Smith & Lineker, or had the latter left by then?

It is yes. Some pictures of the originals can be found here.

http://www.leicestercitymatchworn.com/?seasons=1983

There seems to be two versions of this kit. One with the pinstripes that go though the sponser (which has a white sponser on the away) and one where they don't go though the sponsor which has a different font and a yellow sponsor.

This new copy is pretty accurate but the one they didn't copy probably looks slightly better. I'll still be buying this though!

I've got my dad's original one, minus the sponser. My flabby frame can barely fit in it anymore though....

It is yes. Some pictures of the originals can be found here.

http://www.leicestercitymatchworn.com/?seasons=1983

There seems to be two versions of this kit. One with the pinstripes that go though the sponser (which has a white sponser on the away) and one where they don't go though the sponsor which has a different font and a yellow sponsor.

This new copy is pretty accurate but the one they didn't copy probably looks slightly better. I'll still be buying this though!

I may too. I remember 5-0 v Wolves was a great game - I am sure we were wearing this type of shirt.

So what memories is it bringing back if you can't remember who was wearing the shirt?

5-0 v Wolves cracking game. I think Lynex was on fire that day and set up a load of goals for Lineker and Smith. At my age, my memories can play tricks on me though. It was around that time that got me back into following City.

They also do the '82 away red retro, prob get this one aswell

Last edited:
Deffo buying the retro blue top!

I've got a retro '82 top as well as a non-retro original '82 top (don't ask).

The new 'retro' one is far better than the original. The original is also long sleeved as I couldn't get hold of a short sleve shirt then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566