Stan Tennent 33/1 suspended
George Graham 50/1 suspended
Gerry Francis 50/1 suspended
Lawrie Sanchez 50/1 suspended
Peter Taylor 50/1 suspended
Tony Adams 50/1 suspended
Frank Worthington 250/1 suspended

Got to like this one!

If the new manager is in allready it has to be Dave Bassett or Wilko. No way would the club be able to find the new manager in 1 day.

I think it probably means Bassett for rest of season.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
If the new manager is in allready it has to be Dave Bassett or Wilko. No way would the club be able to find the new manager in 1 day.

The only way basset would be confirmed for the rest of the season were if we had a guaranteed replacement at the end of the season

Lboro fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

The only way basset would be confirmed for the rest of the season were if we had a guaranteed replacement at the end of the season

Why's that?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Lboro fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Why's that?

Because the board know that he is not the long term manager and so would not stop the chances of getting in a long term replacement between now and may.

Speaking with my ex Betting Shop Manager hat on I'd guess that they have heard someone is about to resign or be sacked at another club.Either that or they've took a bit of money for someone,saying that though no Bookmaker will take a big bet on something like this.

highland fox said:
Speaking with my ex Betting Shop Manager hat on I'd guess that they have heard someone is about to resign or be sacked at another club.Either that or they've took a bit of money for someone,saying that though no Bookmaker will take a big bet on something like this.

Im not a betting man so i'm not sure how it works but i would assume that they definately know something we don't.

the board gave adams a week or so to think about it, giving them a week to start thinking about replacements actually before the obvious happend.

Lboro fox said:
highland fox said:

Im not a betting man so i'm not sure how it works but i would assume that they definately know something we don't.

If betting is suspended it means that either....
a) it is obvious.... e.g. Arsenal 16 points clear with 5 games to go.....
or
b) they know something we don't!

In this case it must be b.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Think Foxes_Never_Quit is right, we are gonna be stuck with bassett and wilko for the rest of the season, :shock: please god prove me wrong

Willlow said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Think Foxes_Never_Quit is right, we are gonna be stuck with bassett and wilko for the rest of the season, :shock: please god prove me wrong
but they've had over a week to prepare.

gary mac has been backed from 8-1 into 3's with ######.none of my money i hasten to add. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they actually know anything but these betting websites are regualrly subject to suspened betting because of their vaunrability to fraud and cheating.

I think we should calm down about the Bassett thing, how many hims have the board stated their just fans like us - no way would they want to see Bassett at the Helm!

It does appear worrying though to think that he didn't leave with MA and may put off potential managers from coming like it did at Totenham!

It didn't at all at tottenham - the board knew what they wanted and waited for the right time to act - a wise move, look at the club now, much better, I hope we do the same.

Great post Alex, paitence are a virtue thats what we need now. This next appointment could possibly shape the future of the club over the next 5 years and therefore the board have to take as much time as necessary to ensure the right man is appointed for the long term benefit of LCFC.

Keep the Faith said:
Great post Alex, paitence are a virtue thats what we need now. This next appointment could possibly shape the future of the club over the next 5 years and therefore the board have to take as much time as necessary to ensure the right man is appointed for the long term benefit of LCFC.

Thanks KTF, great avatar, Rick Mayall is a hero of mine, although he did once try and shag my mother when she was in New Stateman, but that's an old story.....

alex said:
Keep the Faith said:

Thanks KTF, great avatar, Rick Mayall is a hero of mine, although he did once try and shag my mother when she was in New Stateman, but that's an old story.....

come on then dish :roll:

Ok, it's like this, my Ma when she was an actor, appeared in the New Statesman as the Labour MP who rows with Alan in the House of Commons in the episode where Alan almost successfully leaves his wife...after filming there were drinkey poos and Rik tried to force his way in to my Ma's hotel room!!!!

Gotta' love him... My Ma tells me nothing happened, but I'm not so sure....

I bet she loved his "Bottom"

when it was going up and down like the clappers on top of her

IMO we don't want Cotterill or Holloway for one good reason,we are ridiculed enough at the moment the last thing we need is a manager with a 'Farmer' accent,its one step away from having cattle grazing on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669