New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
our laptop is fouked too ,kids knocked it off the table last week ,we went through our house insurance to get it fix but they have wrote it off :biggrin: best news is it cost £1700 4 years ago and the only one close to its spec is over 2k .we are thinking about trying apple are they any good if not which laptop should we get ,last one was a ADVENT NOTEBOOK but we wouldnt have one of them again :102:

Last edited:
we are thinking about trying apple are they any good ...

The MacBook Pro is an excellent bit of kit, but if you are used to using Windows PCs there is a bit of a learning curve involved getting used to the Mac OS.

Once you go apple you'll never go back to windows. Mainly because you will have gone insane and shot yourself at the annoyance that is MacOSX

I dunno mate, Dell are pretty good, and I suppose ive just been unlucky.

Or i've been lucky. Two times i've had to call Dell with problems; first one was when my DVD drive needed replacing I called Dell up and they went through some procedures and troubleshooting stuff, wouldn't work so they came out a few days later and replaced it. Yesterday I called Dell up because I broke the paper feeder thingy which is in my printer, called them up told them and the new printer will come on Tuesday :)

Once you go apple you'll never go back to windows. Mainly because you will have gone insane and shot yourself at the annoyance that is MacOSX

:icon_lol:

Harsh Matt but I know what you mean, I've a Mac Mini with OSX 10.4 that very rarely gets used.
It always seems to be a very American OS to me, I can't quite put my finger on why it just always leaves me feeling that way.

If you are looking for a good alternative to Windows I can highly recommend Linux Mint KDE.

Harsh Matt but I know what you mean, I've a Mac Mini with OSX 10.4 that very rarely gets used.
It always seems to be a very American OS to me, I can't quite put my finger on why it just always leaves me feeling that way.

If you are looking for a good alternative to Windows I can highly recommend Linux Mint KDE.

We have one with OS10 on it because we need to occasionaly test our websites in Safari, (there is now a windows version), now it just gets used for people pluggin their MP3 players into the line-in to use the speakers. Very expensive speakers.

I know what you mean about the American style, I think it is the general plastic, bulky feel to the interface and the fact that it is just awkward to use.

There you go with that Kubuntu bashing again :018::icon_lol:

If i had 2k to spend i'd buy a Macbook Pro and install Parallels so i could use Windows as well.

Arent Macs now using Intel chips and coming in dual boot format with windows? Or did I dream that?

Arent Macs now using Intel chips and coming in dual boot format with windows? Or did I dream that?

They are, you didn't dream it, but they don't come set up to dual boot you need to use Bootcamp to set it up.
Or, as Drew said, you can use Parallels or VMware to run Windows within OSX.

They are, you didn't dream it, but they don't come set up to dual boot you need to use Bootcamp to set it up.
Or, as Drew said, you can use Parallels or VMware to run Windows within OSX.

Cool :) I can't see the point in using VmWare in that instance, use bootcamp!! :038:

Running Windows on a Mac is the equivalent of eating a packet of crisps at The Savoy Grill

Last edited:
Running Windows on a Mac is the equivalent of eating a packet of crisps at The Savoy Grill

If crisps are your favourite food, what is the problem with that?

The only people that would frown at that behavior would be elitist & stuck-up................ so it actually is quite a good comparison to Mac fanboys. :icon_wink

Or i've been lucky. Two times i've had to call Dell with problems; first one was when my DVD drive needed replacing I called Dell up and they went through some procedures and troubleshooting stuff, wouldn't work so they came out a few days later and replaced it. Yesterday I called Dell up because I broke the paper feeder thingy which is in my printer, called them up told them and the new printer will come on Tuesday :)

Printers come but the ****ing wires haven't, b@stards :098:

Last edited:
But the wires weren't broken :102:

They told me to keep the wires and they would send out a replacement printer; they gave a newer model because they didn't have any A960's in stock (our old printer). The one we had before(A960).. the usb & fax ports/wires fit in but the battery is a different one to the printer I had before so the main battery wire doesn't fit. I've just emailed dell, so hopefully they send out a new mains wire tommorow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363