New reasonably priced laptop recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

Morning all... think the time has come to look at getting a new laptop before my current one packs up. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced laptop - not looking for anything too snazzy or expensive!

What do you want to use it for?

If you use it entirely for the internet and you don't want a big screen, a Chromebook might be an option. There are some decent ones for less than £200. The Acer C720 for example.
Chromebooks don't run windows, they're based on a version of Linux that runs everything in the chrome browser, so they're pretty restricted in what they can do, but if you only need the internet they're much cheaper than a Windows laptop.

This one is cheap and cheerful. I would imagine for the average user who needs a laptop for websites and occasionally word documents, it would be sufficient:

http://www.ebuyer.com/645880-lenovo-b50-laptop-mca28uk

£170 is ridiculously cheap - but if I was going to buy something for myself, I would go with Webbo's chromebook. You can try them out in most PC World/Curry's stores.

What do you want to use it for?

If you use it entirely for the internet and you don't want a big screen, a Chromebook might be an option. There are some decent ones for less than £200. The Acer C720 for example.
Chromebooks don't run windows, they're based on a version of Linux that runs everything in the chrome browser, so they're pretty restricted in what they can do, but if you only need the internet they're much cheaper than a Windows laptop.

I tend to use my current one for a bit of everything so that probably counts this one out.

This one is cheap and cheerful. I would imagine for the average user who needs a laptop for websites and occasionally word documents, it would be sufficient:

http://www.ebuyer.com/645880-lenovo-b50-laptop-mca28uk

£170 is ridiculously cheap - but if I was going to buy something for myself, I would go with Webbo's chromebook. You can try them out in most PC World/Curry's stores.

I use a lenovo at work - its very plastic looking and reminds me of a "my first computer" kind of look.

I have an Acer Aspire, had it for 4 years, had no problems, more than adequate for my needs, 500 GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 memory. I do some word documents, internet, sound system is a bit basic, but good enough. HD LED Screen so good for watching films, streams of football matches ( if you do that sort of thing) overall cheaper than a lot of laptops out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566