New Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

The new shirt was delivered today, and I have tried it on, very nice shirt, but:
I am not sure what TD said to you all but,

* The Alliance and Leicester logo does stand out as it is a diferent colour blue and feels very plastic like.
* The pin-stripes are only on the front not on the back.
* The shorts are about 2 inches longer at the back than they are at the front.

We also had the new Goalkeeper shirt delivered which is absolutely disgusting. Bottle green with a weird grey collar.

Last edited:
Ben Swift said that the shorts were a mistake, maybe they are meant to be longer at the back but just not as long as in the pictures.

Disapointed to hear about the AL logo, I don't see why they didn't just used the same type of technique as before. Transfers with a background will always look odd because they shine where as the shirt doesn't.

The shorts are longer at the front than the back? That's...odd..

So sounds like the shirt hasn't changed from the pictures we saw. Looks cheap and nasty and I'm guessing the plastic A+L logo will fall off a couple of washes, or at least begin to crack up and peel off.

No sale for me then. Might get the white away shirt since I don't have that yet.

Graz said:
The shorts are longer at the front than the back?That's...odd..

So sounds like the shirt hasn't changed from the pictures we saw. Looks cheap and nasty and I'm guessing the plastic A+L logo will fall off a couple of washes, or at least begin to crack up and peel off.

No sale for me then. Might get the white away shirt since I don't have that yet.

No longer at the back than the front.

sounds like our squad

I'm gobsmacked that people actually buy the shorts....:102:

maybe the extra 2 inch at the back is to stop easy access for elvis and MDV

beighton155 said:
surely 2inch extra at the back is what Evlis and MDV are looking for?!
No, they're after a tighter fit, its all a bit too loose at the minute

So who from the forum has got one of these?

I got mine today, £35 from the club shop.

It's growing on me all the time. I'm starting to really like it now. The A&L badge feels like it will tear off in a few washes though. :icon_roll

the material is a lot better than last years-you'd put it on and pull threads would appear straight away, not with this.

better fit as well.

glad the badge isn't that naff velvety type stuff.

the logo.....:icon_eek: i'm peeved it's a different blue cos it makes it look tacky and as others i'm worried it'll start to peel off after several washes BUT.... at least i'm not gonna have to use cellotape to get bits of fluff off the logo like i used to have to after every wash! that spongy stuff was a fluff magnet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566