New Signings ~ opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerd

What are people's opinions of the new signings?
Both seem to be featuring in the squad so would appear to be/are seen by Mr. P as improvement on who was already at the club.

Re: New Signings~ opinions

What are people's opinions of the new signings?
Both seem to be featuring in the squad so would appear to be/are seen by Mr. P as improvement on who was already at the club.

I'm assuming you mean Mahrez and Phillips.

Both an improvement squad wise, Mahrez potentially first XI wise in the future. If this isn't what you're getting at then I don't have a clue.

Yes that was what I'm getting at. Having only listened to radio commentary (opinion of the accuracy of our fave radio station is split) or seen highlights since they arrived so I haven't seen what they offer myself yet. I guess Philips is a known quantity, wanted a call what others think especially of Mahrez.

Yes that was what I'm getting at. Having only listened to radio commentary (opinion of the accuracy of our fave radio station is split) or seen highlights since they arrived so I haven't seen what they offer myself yet. I guess Philips is a known quantity, wanted a call what others think especially of Mahrez.
My confusion was about this comment:
Why would Mr P sign them if not?

This sort of thread belongs on that foxestalk forum.

Mahrez has played just 90 minutes but looks the part. He's definitely helped that he's an unknown quantity. The majority of defenders seem stand offish on him.

Phillips was a canny signing. If only for the know how, his movement is superb but can't see many goals from him.

Mahrez has played just 90 minutes but looks the part. He's definitely helped that he's an unknown quantity. The majority of defenders seem stand offish on him.

Phillips was a canny signing. If only for the know how, his movement is superb but can't see many goals from him.

If you want to see lots of goals from Phillips there are plenty of compilations on YouTube

Apologies, if my banal but genuine enquiry isn't up to the usual highbrow standards of this forum.

The reason I was asking is that, let's face it, there have been many signings in the past (that even our beloved city have made) who have been totally useless (from day one) and I was genuinely interested to know what people think so far, especially of Mahrez.

Thanks Hazz, the sort of comment I was looking for.

phillips will get us 2-3 more goals I think and probably setup just as many.

his penalty was actuall quite good, the forest keeper dived before he kicked, thats the only way he managed to get to it. Maybe phillips could have seen the keeper dive early and changed the direction, but I felt his penalty was better than many of nugents and unlucky for it to be saved.

Phillips has already justified his signing, with his dummy at Leeds for 3 points and his winner at Bournemouth for 3 points. As Hazz said, a canny signing.

Mahrez is young and looks promising. He has been positive when he has been on the pitch and it was nice to hear Pearson talking about his good integration into the squad.

Excellent business IMO.

Apologies, if my banal but genuine enquiry isn't up to the usual highbrow standards of this forum.

The reason I was asking is that, let's face it, there have been many signings in the past (that even our beloved city have made) who have been totally useless (from day one) and I was genuinely interested to know what people think so far, especially of Mahrez.

Thanks Hazz, the sort of comment I was looking for.

Don't worry.

The same people then wonder why we barely have any new members and make hilarious comments when one appears.

Unfortunately you have to act like a sarcastic know-it-all from the beginning or you will be back off to Foxes Talk before you know it.

Someone will be along shortly to challenge this opinion, usually in a style of utter dismay that anyone could think such a thing.

Tut tut.
HOW COULD ANYONE THINK SUCH A THING??

Don't worry.

The same people then wonder why we barely have any new members and make hilarious comments when one appears.

Unfortunately you have to act like a sarcastic know-it-all from the beginning or you will be back off to Foxes Talk before you know it.

Someone will be along shortly to challenge this opinion, usually in a style of utter dismay that anyone could think such a thing.

Don't encourage him, the last thing we need is newbs coming on here and getting in the way of our Monster Munch chat.

Don't worry.

You seem very tense Lako. I'm worried about you, this isn't like you

This sort of thread belongs on that foxestalk forum.
Yeah, it's nowhere near as good as that one that you started that time. How it never won Thread Of The Year I'll never know.

The one about Waghorn shagging his missus?
Nah, that thread was on foxestalk wasn't it? I wouldn't read it anyway, that kind of carry on is all a bit too risque for my liking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669