New System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

After watching Liverpool yesterday I was just wondering if we could try the formation they used 4-2-3-1.So we'd go with something like-
Taylor

Canero
Heath
Dabizas
Stewart

Gudjohnsson
Tiatto

Gillespie
Connolly or Nalis or Williams
Morris

Scowcroft

Not saying it would work and maybe thats not the right personnel but it worked well for Liverpool

I'd like to see 5-3-2
Taylor

RWB - Canero
LWB - Stewart
CB - Heath
CB - Keown
CB - Dabizas

CM - Williams
CM - Tiatto
CM - Nalis

ST - Connolly
ST - Scowcroft

leicester_til_i_die said:
I'd like to see 5-3-2
Taylor

RWB - Canero
LWB - Stewart
CB - Heath
CB - Keown
CB - Dabizas

CM - Williams
CM - Tiatto
CM - Nalis

ST - Connolly
ST - Scowcroft

That looks good to me. plays to our strenghts. Canero and Stewart are much more wing backs than wingers or full backs and Tiatto would win everything in midfield. Joey could also deputise here or replace him and move danny to left wing back when Jordons form dips.

With 4 4 2 we lose a lot of midfield battles and in this division especially we need to be winning these, with this we get to play an attacking midfielder (williams) ball winner (tiatto) and a passer (nalis).

Nice to see that although Connolly has not scored for however long, that people would still automatically pick him in the starting XI, I still think he will come good one day...

lcfcrules said:
Nice to see that although Connolly has not scored for however long, that people would still automatically pick him in the starting XI, I still think he will come good one day...

I think he's the only striker of his "type" in the squad... we don't really have much choice :roll:

highland fox said:
After watching Liverpool yesterday I was just wondering if we could try the formation they used 4-2-3-1.So we'd go with something like-
Taylor

Canero
Heath
Dabizas
Stewart

Gudjohnsson
Tiatto

Gillespie
Connolly or Nalis or Williams
Morris

Scowcroft

Not saying it would work and maybe thats not the right personnel but it worked well for Liverpool

Vote 4-3-1-2!

lcfcrules said:

who else would we pick, blake? no chance i'd rather bring back phil gee!

IMO connely wastes to much time faffing about, he need to take his chances quickly. not waste time controlling the ball.

IMO it has got to be open season for a striker.... connolly just isn't cutting it, poor first touch and very easily muscled off the ball... I am struggling to see any glimmers of magic here.

We have been very patient here!!!

If we are serious about contending then we need someone who can put goals away.... Elliot for Hull is scoring for fun and I am sure Taylor owes us a favour!!!

lcfcrules said:

Sad to say the boy needs replacing. Talent aplenty but little end product.
I know they had to wait a bit for Scholesy to score but he's a midfielder and we don't have the luxury of a side so bristling with goals that we can carry a non-scoring striker.
Fifteen goals a season is the minimum requirement whether they rip through the netting from 25 yards or roll in off his arse.
It's one of the reasons I'm so pleased about Gillespie. His end product as a winger - the number of assists - seems to be improving along with his appetite for the game. If he can start scoring a few that will really be a bonus.
Some guys look good but achieve little. Others, like Dickov, look ordinary but achieve a lot. We need effective players. If Connolly confounds me and starts being effective I shall be delighted but in the manager's position, I'd have replaced him by now.

May well be right but unless we can loan or buy a replacement I believe he is still the best option and i doubt wether CL will drop him.

ELUR - CFCL said:
IMO it has got to be open season for a striker.... connolly just isn't cutting it, poor first touch and very easily muscled off the ball... I am struggling to see any glimmers of magic here.

We have been very patient here!!!

If we are serious about contending then we need someone who can put goals away.... Elliot for Hull is scoring for fun and I am sure Taylor owes us a favour!!!

He owes us millions of em. Almost a club's worth. And his whining afterwards made it worse. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't mention his name on our beloved City site. It's like smearing shit on the screen.

I personally think CL will stick with a 4-4-2 and will in time bring in the players to play that system.

I would like us to adopt 2 systems a 3-5-2 for home matches :

Taylor

Keown
Heath
Stearman

Canero
Dawson
Tiatto
Williams
Stewart

Scowcroft
Connolly or Morris

For away games I would like us to play a 4-5-1 formation which would see us being able to dictate possession but also soak uppressure and with pace and young legs throughout the team allow us to hit teams on the break.

Taylor

Canero
Keown
Stearman
Stewart

Gillespie
Dawson
Tiatto
Williams
Morris

Scowcroft

Connolly should be dropped back in to midfield, speaking to a west ham fan he says he was played on the left, or center mid, and scored, so why don't we try dropping back

I would like to see a Centre-Half duo of Keown and Stearman,it is IMO our best option at the moment.Every other combination as never looked that good so Stearman should be given his chance along side Keown's obvious expierience. OK Keown may not be that quick but nobody makes a monkey out of him....

leicester_til_i_die said:
Connolly should be dropped back in to midfield, speaking to a west ham fan he says he was played on the left, or center mid, and scored, so why don't we try dropping back

The only time he has been prolific was at Wimbledon. How did they play him there. :?: :? :p :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669