New york New york

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed at the Westin near time square, was really good and brillinatly located, well recommended. Flew Virgin who are usually very good too.

I've never been and have no intention of going but I do have virgin experience and have usually found them to be very accommodating.
Especially the Catholic ones.

I stayed at the Westin near time square, was really good and brillinatly located, well recommended. Flew Virgin who are usually very good too.

I flew with American Airlines the last time to New York and thought they were terrible - eg their "diabetic snack" (even labelled as such) contained some shortbread biscuits, sweetend fruit juice and a mini packet of Pringles.

I flew with American Airlines the last time to New York and thought they were terrible - eg their "diabetic snack" (even labelled as such) contained some shortbread biscuits, sweetend fruit juice and a mini packet of Pringles.

What exactly is a 'diabetic snack' and what would you expect it to contain?

What exactly is a 'diabetic snack' and what would you expect it to contain?

They served 2 meals during the flight, a main and then a snack. As my mum is diabetic she had pre-ordered food. I wouldn't expect it to be full of sugar - a sandwich might have been good.

They served 2 meals during the flight, a main and then a snack. As my mum is diabetic she had pre-ordered food. I wouldn't expect it to be full of sugar - a sandwich might have been good.

I'm diabetic and I've never heard of 'diabetic snacks' being provided by airlines.
If I knew that I was going to be forced to eat that processed shite that you get on a plane I'd most likely take more insulin before the flight & keep a close eye on my blood sugar level. But to be perfectly honest I always refuse the crap that is served up on a flight.

Any findings on this would be much appreciated by me to as the mrs has just announced she wants to go there soon.
Us too - looking to go mid december for xmas shopping
I looked at the virgin site and flights were coming up at £900+ per person. Packages are less than that.

I'm diabetic and I've never heard of 'diabetic snacks' being provided by airlines.
If I knew that I was going to be forced to eat that processed shite that you get on a plane I'd most likely take more insulin before the flight & keep a close eye on my blood sugar level. But to be perfectly honest I always refuse the crap that is served up on a flight.

At the time my mum's type 2 was being mainly controlled by diet. Hence she had spoken to the airline before and had been assured that suitable alternative meals and snacks (2nd smaller light meal) were provided. At the time, if I remember correctly, they said there were also restrictions on what food could be brought onto the aircraft as hand luggage when flying to the USA.

Anyway food wasn't the only complaint I had with AA. The cabin crew were the most miserable bunch I've ever encountered. The plane was tatty, the inflight movie system was broken....

Last edited:
We stayed at Affinia Manhattan, right outside Madison Square Garden (so central). Fantastic hotel and really spacious. Flights I'm not so sure, we booked a package deal with lastminute.com but they wont do any bookings that far in advance. Maybe United Airlines/Continental/BA/Virgin let you book direct with them?

Note: It cost me about £600 each for flights and accommodation for 5 days (4 nights), just to give you a benchmark, but we went for New Year, so I would think it would be cheaper to go in Feb.

if you look on travelcity.com (I think) they are doing packages for December, all of varying prices depending on what star hotel you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669