Post Match Newcastle 0 Leicester 0

I think Everton are the only club never to be relegated from the top flight, maybe the powers that be are keeping it that way lol.
I thought that was Arsenal. Everton were relegated in 1951 iirc.

It was a good plan, for 70-75 mins max.

Then give it a right good go for 15-20. With Vardy and Nacho on the pitch, not Daka.
Nacho was ****ed at halftime

I think that was a great point. It's a shame that we didn't snatch it at the end, but if we had realy gone for it, we would of lost and probably heavily.
So we need a win against West ham to stand any chance of staying up. I think there is less pressure on getting that than there is for Everton that are going into there game knowing that they have to win as a draw or loss could take them down. It's Everton to lose now, they will be shitting a brick on Sunday afternoon.

Unfortunately the players didn't really get the memo and left it far too late to put some lasses together.
Perhaps they think that one Geordie lass is enough for anybody.

Last edited:
We had a 1% chance of winning. So achieving a draw is a good result.
Everton to lose or draw, you never know, stranger things have happened

I think that was a great point. It's a shame that we didn't snatch it at the end, but if we had realy gone for it, we would of lost and probably heavily.
So we need a win against West ham to stand any chance of staying up. I think there is less pressure on getting that than there is for Everton that are going into there game knowing that they have to win as a draw or loss could take them down. It's Everton to lose now, they will be shitting a brick on Sunday afternoon.
I kiinda see your point but we have to get a win too. Given the permutations, I don't think it can be classed as a 'great' point. But I see where you're coming from.

Nacho was ****ed at halftime
Yes exactly. Hence why if we were going to play that way we should have stuck Daka on in the first half, and save Vardy and Nacho for the last 5 minutes when we decided to attack.

I can't see Everton losing their last game but i also don't think a win for them is a certainty at all, especially if DCL is out as they look a completely different team without them.

Leeds will definitely beat Spurs who are more of a shambles than us at the moment.

We should really beat West Ham, who will surely be playing a second string at best with the Cup Final to follow.

All set up for a winner 12 mins in to injury time from Gray after we have already started celebrating on the pitch.

Let me explain.

If we'd spent too much effort trying to win tonight, we'd probably have lost.

So, think about that and tell me that point we just earned was worthless.
So, we agree?

Yes exactly. Hence why if we were going to play that way we should have stuck Daka on in the first half, and save Vardy and Nacho for the last 5 minutes when we decided to attack.
I would rather see tete up front on his own than daka. Daka doesn't close down space, win challenges or track back effectively.

I can't see Everton losing their last game but i also don't think a win for them is a certainty at all, especially if DCL is out as they look a completely different team without them.
DCL out and no full backs available. Trust me - Everton fans are shitting themselves.

Honestly, even if we went for it earlier and ended up taking the lead with say, 15 mins to go, does anyone actually think we would have even held on for a point, let a lone the 3??

If we scored, we would have just sat back even more and they would just bombard us for the equaliser. And then we would most likely capitulate and lose it.

The only way we got 3 points tonight was with a bit of luck and Newcastle not taking their chances and us scoring when it is almost too late to then let one in.

Game plan worked, just a shame we haven't played like this earlier instead of just trying to win 6-5.
**** it then. Let’s just volunteer for relegation. :icon lol:

Well, for the first time in it feels like many months, I feel proud of a City performance.

If we go down on Sunday it won't be because of a point at Newcastle.

We had a plan. We fought. We concentrated. We nearly nicked it in the end.

To those criticising us tonight, you really know feck all.
**** me we were lucky not to be several down at the half. I think the performance has many aspects to criticise. That being said it was a positive result.

It’s a hell of a draw and clean sheet at one of the hardest fixtures in the premier league this season but we should have lost that game comfortably and on another day we get spanked 6-0. They had an off day in front of goal and not because of our defending.

Agreed though, this season is not defined by this game. We had to show the urgency and composure earlier.

It feels inevitable to me that Everton draw against Bournemouth, and we get embarrassed by West Ham Reserves. It’s been a season full of lack of bottle and nerve in important moments.

I've just read that there were VAR checks for a possible red card, and a penalty. I had no idea. I thought they were supposed to tell fans at the game what was going on? Or did they just put it on the big screen, which you can't see from parts of the ground?
They were blink and you miss it even on TV, neither caused any kind of delay in the match. Just a “the check is done” comment from the commentator.

Red card check against Bruno G, and penalty check against Youri for handball when he turned his back on a shot.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563