Post Match Newcastle 0 Leicester 0

We just need Everton to get docked these point for FFP and then we are in the driving seat :)

Ironic really. First clean sheet since the dawn of christianity & it may well have sent us down.

Still, at least there was a plan. Something different was tried & but for a last gasp save it might even have paid off.

& we finally...FINALLY ! saw some fight from the ****ers. Shame it's about 30 games too late.

& now...we stuff the Hammers 3-0.

While Everton get an injury time winner against Bournemouth. Scored, of course, by Demarai ****ing Gray

A point is good, a couple of weeks ago this would be rightly seen as very good. But it's almost certainly too little, too late. I can see Bournemouth taking a point at Goodison, it's us beating West Ham that I struggle with

That nearly worked. I don't give a damn what we looked like, how embarrassing that attacking performance may have been, that was a confidence building point. We kept them out, that's a result in itself. Whether it will count for anything in the long run, who can say right now, but it's a damned site better than getting tonked. Which, tbh, I thought was on the cards.

Get the win against against WH and hope our luck's in. It was tonight.

Can I just say though how frustrating it is that Faes has been starting over Souttar??

Faes over souttar. Ndidi and/or Soumare over Mendy. Can't understand it unless it's based on who works hardest on the training ground or is the smashingest bunch of lads.

considering the Leeds games etc - I actually think that’s a really good point. It could be very important.

Now if Leeds and Leicester win but Everton don’t, we survive. Only Everton’s result is relevant to us.

For those who think a point is worthless tonight, let me explain.

The point means that Everton MUST win to ensure their safety. Had we lost, a draw would have been enough for them.

So, think about that and then tell me that point we just earned was worthless.
We had it in our own hands tonight. Now we don’t. Even if we win on Sunday, we are now reliant on Bournemouth to decide our fate.

If we’d lost, we’d be reliant on Bournemouth.

The only way we could’ve kept our destiny in our hands was with a win.

The point is nice, but it means little.

We have to obviously do our bit, but over to you Bournemouth.

A point is good, a couple of weeks ago this would be rightly seen as good. But it's almost certainly too little, too late. I can see Bournemouth taking a point at Goodison, it's us beating West Ham that I struggle with
I don't

Chill

When we had a go at them they shat themselves

Left it far far too late and, with that sheer cowardice, we hand Premier League football to Everton on a plate with a nice big bow wrapped around it

If anyone cannot see and understand that, then you really know feck all
Yep. At least have a go in the last 15 minutes. Not leave it for the final 5.

Cowardice of the highest order.

Can I just say though how frustrating it is that Faes has been starting over Souttar??
Agreed. Souttar was immense.

We had it in our own hands tonight. Now we don’t. Even if we win on Sunday, we are now reliant on Bournemouth to decide our fate.

The only way we could’ve kept our date in our hands was with a win.

Are you taking that back if the results listed above happen?

The only way we could’ve kept our date in our hands was with a win.

To go to a rampant St James Park and come away with a gritty 0-0 is actually ****ing good.

If it had happened a few weeks ago, we'd be rocking.

Alas, if we do go down it won't be because of tonight's result.

The game plan worked. If this was a few games ago, this would've been a great result and performance. We really won't know if it was the right one until Sunday.

But if we'd gone out to try and win this from the start, we'd have got battered.

It's going to be a tense final day.
Who suggested from the start?

First 45, job done, a bit fortunate but 0-0. Second half, perhaps keep it tight for 15 minutes.

Then change it up, Maddison and Barnes on and perhaps Daka.

We saw the game out but had one shot on goal. As CF has said it all s now out of our hands when prior to kick off it was in our hands.

Other than perhaps confidence, we are worse off now than before the game kicked off.

We have to win (again), summat which we have done with the regularity of a full solar eclipse.

Please excuse my lack of enthusiasm.

Ironic really. First clean sheet since the dawn of christianity & it may well have sent us down.

Still, at least there was a plan. Something different was tried & but for a last gasp save it might even have paid off.

& we finally...FINALLY ! saw some fight from the ****ers. Shame it's about 30 games too late.

& now...we stuff the Hammers 3-0.

While Everton get an injury time winner against Bournemouth. Scored, of course, by Demarai ****ing Gray, but VAR overalls it as DG is offside

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563