Newell on SSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
nob head fook him and his shit luton team cont scored that dodgy penalty for blackburn anyway. fook him and his cont coaches.

That's it he's ruled himself out, just said so on SSN. Gutted, still O'neil fav for England job, so we'll win the world cup and let's get behind RK

well he basically said it was never a case of turning leicester down as he decided he wanted to stay at luton after 2 round of talks with us and after sleepin on it he said he wanted to stay and build at luton. he said it was all done professionally blah blah, V.impressed by our ground, training facilities and fans blah blah... now to me that sounds like a job has not been offered to him as he said he never turned us down??? IMO he doesn't want to come to us at the present time given the importance of our next two fixtures and if he were to be in charge and lose against brighton and and the sheep then no matter what anyone says he would of lost a lot of confidence from the fans as we are all seeing him as the next MON and hes gona do the same job he did. Wait and till next week and if we still havent got a manager before the derby match which looks increasingly likely now then i could see Mike Newells name being banded about again as it has been made known that he is not happy about the prospect f league 1 football next year!

matt_c0nn0lly said:
well he basically said it was never a case of turning leicester down as he decided he wanted to stay at luton after 2 round of talks with us and after sleepin on it he said he wanted to stay and build at luton. he said it was all done professionally blah blah, V.impressed by our ground, training facilities and fans blah blah... now to me that sounds like a job has not been offered to him as he said he never turned us down??? IMO he doesn't want to come to us at the present time given the importance of our next two fixtures and if he were to be in charge and lose against brighton and and the sheep then no matter what anyone says he would of lost a lot of confidence from the fans as we are all seeing him as the next MON and hes gona do the same job he did. Wait and till next week and if we still havent got a manager before the derby match which looks increasingly likely now then i could see Mike Newells name being banded about again as it has been made known that he is not happy about the prospect f league 1 football next year!

Exactly. I reckon we could re-approach when we're safe from relegation.

Time wasting piss flap.

matt_c0nn0lly said:
he is not happy about the prospect f league 1 football next year!

none of us are!! are you trying to say he has chickened out of taking the job :102:

just after the derby match, theres obviously someting going on as hes had 2 round of talks, and it would be such a daunting task to come from a club the size of luton's to our club and win 2 matches in your first 5 days of being there is just not going to happen, this has just been bad timing.

Why come out and say he's not interested now if he's going to reconsider after Derby? He's obviously not coming, Luton will have him signing a new deal soon.

I think Kelly till end of season, see how he gets on, then maybe go for newell again

Yorkshire Vixen said:
none of us are!! are you trying to say he has chickened out of taking the job :102:

no but if he came today he has 1 day before the brighton match to get to know his squad and then one more day to get to know them beofre his next match, and these are just 2 un-important matches, they will decide the rest of our season, just wait till wednesday thursday, just put yourself in the situation it just wouldn't work and then all the fans are expecting us to win these matches and they will lose a lot of confidence along with players, so y do that when we can inject more confidence do a very confident team that look good for a win in their next 2 matches judging our current situation. MIke newell wants the job, just not this week, next week!

leicester_til_i_die said:
I think Kelly till end of season, see how he gets on, then maybe go for newell again

He'll have signed a new contract by then,we won't be able to afford him.Mike Newell is history there is no second time around.We obviously are failing to attract the calibre of Manager we want.

Leigh said:
Why come out and say he's not interested now if he's going to reconsider after Derby? He's obviously not coming, Luton will have him signing a new deal soon.

he never said he was not interested, i just herd the man on SSN and he said

IT WAS NOT A CASE OF TURNING LEICESTER DOWN!

if that is the situation then it sounds like a job has not been offered as if it was then he would of had to of turned it down or he would be our manager

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670