Newell on SSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
Cutting nose off to spite face?

We are LCFC we dont need him he needs us. hes no fooking Mourinho. A slight upturn in fortunes and we will be attracting better managers.

We're not fooking beggars that kind of shit gives him too much power.

alex said:
Cutting nose off to spite face?

What nose is that alex? :081:

matt_c0nn0lly said:
he never said he was not interested, i just herd the man on SSN and he said

IT WAS NOT A CASE OF TURNING LEICESTER DOWN!

But he would say that..

alex said:

Golden rule in football is to never make a direct criticism about anyone, it's such an incestuous industry you'll probably end up regretting it later in life.

Ox Fox said:
Golden rule in football is to never make a direct criticism about anyone, it's such an incestuous industry you'll probably end up regretting it later in life.

But surely saying that he has turned us down at this time is no criticism?

alex said:
But surely saying that he has turned us down at this time is no criticism?

Sorry I phrased that badly, what people in football always seem to try to do is to never fully close any doors, what Newell has said is classic leaving the door ajar (albeit a tiny gap) for the future, "just in case"

Ox Fox said:
Sorry I phrased that badly, what people in football always seem to try to do is to never fully close any doors, what Newell has said is classic leaving the door ajar (albeit a tiny gap) for the future, "just in case"

Right.... Yeah, I see that.

He's not coming later. He's staying at Luton FINAL.

From sky...

And that now appears to have met with success, with Newell claiming he has no regrets over opting to remain at Kenilworth Road.

"I have made my decision to stay at Luton - and I am very happy with it," said Newell.

Treebeard said:

From sky...

And that now appears to have met with success, with Newell claiming he has no regrets over opting to remain at Kenilworth Road.

"I have made my decision to stay at Luton - and I am very happy with it," said Newell.

exactly he has never said he turned down on offer from us, just wait a few more days

Treebeard said:

Dead right Treebeard,the moment has gone...move on.He's not coming next week because the train is cheaper then or in the Sunmmer when the weather is better.He's staying at Luton FFS.

i doubt very much that the club got him up here twice to show him all the facilities, have two rounds of talks and then just say no were not going to offer you anything. he has opted to stay at luton so

feck mike newell the short sighted arse. lets move on he dragged it on far to long anyway and may have fecked our chances of getting someone else. i for one dont care for MN anymore. "you can still your mike newell up your arse"

rob kelly for the rest of the season please

For whatever reason, we either didnt offer him the position or he didnt hang around long enough to be offered it, but that is his perogative, the truth is we dont know the real ins and outs of the discussions held and it would appear we will be unlikely to. But we must not dwell, we must regroup and continue to build on our recent run, whilst it is a disappointment, it is certainly not the end of the world.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
For whatever reason, we either didnt offer him the position or he didnt hang around long enough to be offered it, but that is his perogative, the truth is we dont know the real ins and outs of the discussions held and it would appear we will be unlikely to. But we must not dwell, we must regroup and continue to build on our recent run, whilst it is a disappointment, it is certainly not the end of the world.

Newell obviously not got the bollux for a job like ours....

Or maybe we bombed him out at the interview...

Leicester City board have abandonned plans to name new manager while they examine takeover proposals from local led consortium. The group have close links to the Tigers but are anxious for the deal not to be portrayed as a takeover by the rugby club. Two meetings last week official meeting in birmingham to sort deal on Friday.

yeh!! yeh! i know its from the rumours board, but ya never know, it could be the reason behind the delays:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669