News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad biker

De Vries and Maybury are flying down today for medicals, hope to complete signings either this pm or tomorrow am, thought you`d like to know !

MB you are a legend and your inside info is always welcome.

MANAGER Craig Levein is poised to complete the first two permanent signings of his Leicester City career.

Hearts duo Alan Maybury (26) and striker Mark De Vries (29) were today both flying down from Scotland to Leicester to finalise terms for a move to the Walkers Stadium.

The Foxes have agreed a combined 'nominal' fee with the Scottish Premier club for the players who are both out of contract at the end of the season.

Maybury and De Vries will both undertake medicals today and, subject to the agreement of personal terms, will be officially unveiled as City players at a Walkers Stadium press conference on Thursday afternoon.

Levein said: "Both players will be major new additions to our squad. I have worked with Alan and Mark at Hearts and am confident they will bring a lift to everyone connected with Leicester City.

"We are at a stage of a season where we need to change things around a little and their arrival could not be better-timed."

Both players will be signed in time for them to be eligible for Saturday's FA Cup third round game with Blackpool.

Maybury and De Vries were both mainstays of Levein's transformation of Hearts into Scotland's nubmer three club behind Celtic and Rangers.

A former Leeds trainee, full back Maybury has won international honours at senior and junior level with the Republic of Ireland.

Born in Surinam, striker De Vries played much of his football in Holland before being snapped up by Levein.

As well as being club top-scorer for two successive seasons with Hearts, De Vries also scored several goals in European action for Hearts including two in their UEFA Cup defeat of Portugese side Sporting Braga earlier this season.

Welcome lads, make yourselves at home, your mission should you wish to accept it, is to bring pride back at the Walkers....

webmaster said:
MANAGER Craig Levein is poised to complete the first two permanent signings of his Leicester City career.

Hearts duo Alan Maybury (26) and striker Mark De Vries (29) were today both flying down from Scotland to Leicester to finalise terms for a move to the Walkers Stadium.

The Foxes have agreed a combined 'nominal' fee with the Scottish Premier club for the players who are both out of contract at the end of the season.

Maybury and De Vries will both undertake medicals today and, subject to the agreement of personal terms, will be officially unveiled as City players at a Walkers Stadium press conference on Thursday afternoon.

Levein said: "Both players will be major new additions to our squad. I have worked with Alan and Mark at Hearts and am confident they will bring a lift to everyone connected with Leicester City.

"We are at a stage of a season where we need to change things around a little and their arrival could not be better-timed."

Both players will be signed in time for them to be eligible for Saturday's FA Cup third round game with Blackpool.

Maybury and De Vries were both mainstays of Levein's transformation of Hearts into Scotland's nubmer three club behind Celtic and Rangers.

A former Leeds trainee, full back Maybury has won international honours at senior and junior level with the Republic of Ireland.

Born in Surinam, striker De Vries played much of his football in Holland before being snapped up by Levein.

As well as being club top-scorer for two successive seasons with Hearts, De Vries also scored several goals in European action for Hearts including two in their UEFA Cup defeat of Portugese side Sporting Braga earlier this season.

OK rub it in I would ! pitty I was`nt on last night then my "legendary" status would have been preserved :lol:

LS6_Fox said:
MB any news on Scowcroft?

We`re awaiting offers ! the problem really is that we`ve done the "ins" before the "outs" so we really need to move player / s out ASAP,

0,,10274~445225,00.jpg

Aw aint it sweet that they both come down here together, holding hands and everything :shock: :lol:

Naughty Fox said:
0,,10274~445225,00.jpg

Aw aint it sweet that they both come down here together, holding hands and everything :shock: :lol:

CAPTION COMPETITION

De Vries "Bloody hell alan! Did a crow pick your eyes out!?"

Alan and Mark pass the time by playing guess the 80's sitcom character, we join them just as Mark has his go......De Vries to Maybury " Ok my turn now, who is this ? What you looking at Willis "

Maybury: "Mark mate, pull my finger.........."
De Vries: "Alan you stinky s**t, go to the s**tter"
Maybury: "The only thing s**t around here is a little place called Nottingham :D "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669