Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from a very reliable source that Leicester are in advanced talks with Feyernoord striker Erasmus. Aparently scout Steve Walsh has been over to Holland to watch the South African striker in a few reserve games. He is yet to make any apperances for the first teams however he hasn't progressed at Feyernoord as well as they expected and Leicester are said to want to snap him up

Latest from the rumours site

Who are the wankers, the people making them up or the people who post them here?

People who post them... without question.

It lost its comedy value about 5 years ago.

I see no harm in it to be fair.

Jack Slawson–Burton Albion–£10,000

:081::081::081: Someone posted this on the 606 board yesterday

Its a completely invented person. Thats either how desperate or how gullible the rumour mongers have gotten.

Last edited:
Doncaster chairman quoted as saying Leicester have made a £1m bid for Ritchie Wellens (midfielder) & seem to be inviting Leicester to make a higher bid to let him go:

"Doncaster chairman John Ryan has left the door open for Leicester to make a second bid for midfielder Ritchie Wellens.
Rovers initially refused to confirm whether or not the Championship newcomers had made a £1million for the 29-year-old playmaker, but Ryan has now admitted that they have.
And although he has turned down their initial approach, Ryan has not ruled out selling one of his prized assets.
"It is early days," he told the Star. "All we are saying is that their initial approach has been rebuffed. Ritchie is a player we don't want to lose - we don't want to lose any of our players.
"But I'm not saying that we wouldn't sell any player if the price was right and manager Sean O'Driscoll said that he could get an adequate replacement with the money available.
"At least they are all under contract and we are not going to lose them without a fee like we did with Paul Green 12 months ago." "

http://www.comeonboro.com/matches/080917096.php

Last edited:
Forest have had two bids rejected for Preston skipper Paul McKenna. IMO would be a decent target for us.

Sheffield United have extended the contract of keeper Paddy Kenny, while deciding not to offer new deals to Danny Webber and Ugo Ehiogu.

Lee Hendrie, David Carney, Nicky Law and Zeyn S-Latef have been made available for transfer.

On-loan players Craig Beattie, Greg Halford, Arturo Lupoli, and John-Joe O'Toole will return to their clubs.

Keith Quinn, Jamie Annerson, Maxime Chanot and Ben Starosta have all been released by boss Kevin Blackwell.

Danny Webber would be a good signing at this level. Also Lee Hendrie and David Carney would be good and could probably be signed on the cheap. Certainly take a look at Sheff Utd Nige.

Sheffield United have extended the contract of keeper Paddy Kenny, while deciding not to offer new deals to Danny Webber and Ugo Ehiogu.

Lee Hendrie, David Carney, Nicky Law and Zeyn S-Latef have been made available for transfer.

On-loan players Craig Beattie, Greg Halford, Arturo Lupoli, and John-Joe O'Toole will return to their clubs.

Keith Quinn, Jamie Annerson, Maxime Chanot and Ben Starosta have all been released by boss Kevin Blackwell.

Danny Webber would be a good signing at this level. Also Lee Hendrie and David Carney would be good and could probably be signed on the cheap. Certainly take a look at Sheff Utd Nige.

Beattie, Halford and O'Toole would be decent championship signings too imo.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hendrie land at City. I'm sure we are the first team his agent called.

Would be a decent squad player, and might teach King a bit of nastiness, which would improve the youngsters game no end.

If he came cheap, I'd be happy to take a punt on Hendrie.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hendrie land at City. I'm sure we are the first team his agent called.

Would be a decent squad player, and might teach King a bit of nastiness, which would improve the youngsters game no end.

If he came cheap, I'd be happy to take a punt on Hendrie.

I might agree but slightly concerned that he wasn't deemed good enough for Sheff Utd's first team. He only made the bench for the play off final. Perhaps he has gone down hill? (His descent probably started with us under Holloway, but he managed to make a lot of good players ordinary and bad players worse...)

Last edited:
Reading have confirmed that Sodje is leaving the club. Worth a look do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669