Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levein's biggest problem, in my mind was that he could never settle on his strongest 11. You never knew what was going to be the lineup going into any game and it seemed like every week he made a change that just baffled me.

If he had stuck with a settled side I think he would have been far more successful. He did some good things at City, deride me if you must, but I didn't think he was so bad.

Levein's biggest problem, in my mind was that he could never settle on his strongest 11. You never knew what was going to be the lineup going into any game and it seemed like every week he made a change that just baffled me.

If he had stuck with a settled side I think he would have been far more successful. He did some good things at City, deride me if you must, but I didn't think he was so bad.

He was a good manager before he came here. He made some mistakes at City and I believe he has learned from them and gone on to do a good job again with very limited resources.

I think Levein was given a very tough job when he took over, the lack of financial support was limiting. However, he did buy Hammond when he didn't need to, played Kisnorbo in a terrible position and bought Hammill....but he did buy Iain Hume who many believed was a great City player....

Imo the brand of ' football ' under Levein was the worst i'd witnessed in many years.
I accept he had a difficult job with the fianancial restrictions, but even so it was bloody dull stuff on the pitch.

Signing Hamill was unforgivable, though. A winger even worse than Josh Low.

But he cost next to nothing.Levein was given very little money to spend,nowhere near the money Holloway was given.Maybe just maybe if Levein had been Manager when Milan was aboutthings might have been different,he sorted out one massive mess at the club but unfortunately the playing/results side of things suffered and that rightly or wrongly is what his spell here will be judged on.He will go on to manage succesfully in ENgland in either Championship or Premier League,I'm convinced of that.
When it comes to abysmal Managers at LCFC nobody comes within a country mile of /ian Holloway IMO

But he cost next to nothing.Levein was given very little money to spend,nowhere near the money Holloway was given.Maybe just maybe if Levein had been Manager when Milan was aboutthings might have been different,he sorted out one massive mess at the club but unfortunately the playing/results side of things suffered and that rightly or wrongly is what his spell here will be judged on.He will go on to manage succesfully in ENgland in either Championship or Premier League,I'm convinced of that.
When it comes to abysmal Managers at LCFC nobody comes within a country mile of /ian Holloway IMO

I honestly think he won't simply because I don't think he will bother down here again, he has respect and a reputation up there, whilst people still link him to us down here he will probably just avoid English clubs.

I honestly think he won't simply because I don't think he will bother down here again, he has respect and a reputation up there, whilst people still link him to us down here he will probably just avoid English clubs.

I've read quite a few interviews with him and he's mentioned he is determined to comeback down to /England and prove himself and he let himself down here,he knows and admits he made mistakes

But he cost next to nothing.Levein was given very little money to spend,nowhere near the money Holloway was given.

And Josh Low cost nothing. But I don't know why you're comparing Levein to that twat Holloway - saying Levein isn't as shit as one of the shittiest managers we have ever had isn't much of a compliment.

And, for what it's worth, I do think Levein is overall a good manager. It's probably true, as he says, that he ballsed it up here by playing the hard man too much and ended up losing the dressing room. But Hammill was still unforgivable.

How did this go from Next seasons rumours to a lovely chat about Levein

ive heard a rumour spanky that youre going to predict 4-0 for every game we play in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669