Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want vassals, we want lords. A team of mighty lords. Lloyd Dyer My Lord is just the start.

We should sign Matthew Booth from South Africa, the guy looks like a beast, unfortunately he is a defender but we could transform him into a striker.

Yea but he's foreign so it would be a 'Big signing'

Dont rise to it Lako im convinced it has to be someone taking the piss, he cant be real

Yea but he's foreign so it would be a 'Big signing'

I am surprised and slightly disappointed that there is no news of foreign signings. With all due repect to the other good signings last year I thought Tunchev was pure class and the best player we had - in fact too good for the Championship let alone League One. When I asked at Meet The Manager we were told that Steve Walsh had been monitoring him for some time (i.e. before Walsh came to Leicester).
I know he has been watching some foreign players and hoped he would have found another player too good for the Championship. It cannot be emphasized enough that we won League One because we had players too good for League One. We now need players who are too good for the Championship.

I thought Tunchev was pure class and the best player we had - in fact too good for the Championship let alone League One.

May indeed be the case but surely that remains to be seen and if we're saying that Tunchev is too good for the Championship, given that he has never played in it, then surely the same applies to Wayne Brown as when he was in it he got promoted out of it.

I am surprised and slightly disappointed that there is no news of foreign signings. With all due repect to the other good signings last year I thought Tunchev was pure class and the best player we had - in fact too good for the Championship let alone League One. When I asked at Meet The Manager we were told that Steve Walsh had been monitoring him for some time (i.e. before Walsh came to Leicester).
I know he has been watching some foreign players and hoped he would have found another player too good for the Championship. It cannot be emphasized enough that we won League One because we had players too good for League One. We now need players who are too good for the Championship.

It's still really early... still about 6/7 weeks isn't it until the start of the season even, even longer until the transfer deadline... still plenty of time to pull out some big/good signings

some more quality rumours!!!

I was on my way home for work in Leicester, going past the walkers stadium and jermain beckford pulled up alongside my car, As leeds have put him up for transfer this could be a possible move for beckford as leicester have been promoted back into the championship and then he can player a higher standard of football than league 1. The day I saw him he could have been talking to milan mandaric and nigel pearson about a possible move this summer.

Rickie Lambert is being strongly lined up to join Leicester City have the club confirmed they have given up hope of signing Simon Cox.

Also, the Leicester City scouting team have been searching around Eastern European countries so expect some unknown, young talented players to come to Leicester, just like Tunchev last season.

Joe Mattock is to leave the club and join Burnley or Bolton.

DJ Campbell is to remain at the club.

some more quality rumours!!!

I was on my way home for work in Leicester, going past the walkers stadium and jermain beckford pulled up alongside my car,

Joe Mattock is to leave the club and join Burnley or Bolton.

DJ Campbell is to remain at the club.

Which way was he driving though and what time was it?

Meggo will probably go for Mattock as they were using Gardner as more of an attacking player at the end of last season

Southampton could this week be forced to sell former England Under-21 midfielder Andrew Surman just to meet the club's wage bill.

QPR are expected to head a queue of clubs willing to pay a cut-price £400,000 for the 22-year-old who has made 133 appearances for the Saints.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

You would hope we were one of them and that Nigel's knowledge of the player would help us to his signing.

Surman would be a great buy for us, surely he must be on our target list (given NP previous knowledge and Southampton finances)

Surman would be a very good signing, proven to be a good player in the Championship, and 400,000 is a bargain.

Beckford linked with Sheff Utd. he is the type of target man we shoulb be going for

What's the point of spending money on a mardy arse fecker who only plays when he can be bothered when we already have one of those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670