Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Did anyone hear Paul Nixon being interviewed by Charles Dagnall on the radio yesterday?

PN made a subtle hint that the club need to watch out regarding next seasons squad. He said something like 'The club currently has no CEO and this is the time players discuss contracts for next season. A lot of players are talking with other counties and this is exactly the time the club need to be sitting down with them to discuss terms. However players don't want to turn their heads too much as we still have a lot of cricket to play this season'.

Think this hinted that the club a like a ship without a sail at the moment and are in danger of losing players to other counties as the club just sits on their hands doing nothing.

I know that David Smith was massively liked by the players (who incidentally were going to go on strike during a game when they heard he had resigned) and with his departure they may think it's time to move on themselves. I hope not!

PN also stated he would like to play on for another season but it sounded as though the club were yet to approach him.

There is a strange atmosphere at the ground. I went to the final day of the Derbys game and even by our dire standards there was a very low attendance even taking account of the threatening weather.

I just wonder where things are heading.

That said, how many players do we have that would get regular first team places with other counties......Derbys possibly excluded?

We know that whether it is a good thing or not that match revenue is mainly going to come from T20 success - so logically that should be the main basis for player retention/ recruitment.

I understand that at least 3 players have been invited to look for other counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566