Nick Clegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
your joking ? taxes, benefits, planning permission, future tuition fees etc etc-they dont just exist by themselves
I meant to say "A change in politician"

There have been various changes in government and prime ministers during my lifetime. If I hadn't seen it on the news, I would never have noticed.

You think the politicians invented taxes, or the monarchy?

In some respects the Parties are not the problem rather the system. :icon_conf

All of the comments in this thread could've been written about Aussie politics, seems like there's not much difference. I think we should do away with parties and just have all independents. :icon_cool

I meant to say "A change in politician"

There have been various changes in government and prime ministers during my lifetime. If I hadn't seen it on the news, I would never have noticed.

You think the politicians invented taxes, or the monarchy?

Politicians invented the NHS. That's effected a lot of people's lives. Imagine having to pay every time there was something wrong with you.

Politicians invented the NHS. That's effected a lot of people's lives. Imagine having to pay every time there was something wrong with you.

As opposed to paying even if there's nothing wrong with you?

The NHS means that it's free at the point of delivery, but no health service comes for free. If you're a taxpayer you pay for the NHS with every payroll even if you never get sick.

p.s. affected / effected

Last edited:
I think we should do away with parties and just have all independents. :icon_cool

I kind of understand the sentiment, but that is completely unworkable.
How would they, and who would, form a government?
Who would appoint ministerial position?

You really haven't thought this through have you ozman? :icon_wink

I kind of understand the sentiment, but that is completely unworkable.
How would they, and who would, form a government?
Who would appoint ministerial position?

You really haven't thought this through have you ozman? :icon_wink

We elect one from each electorate, as we do now. The ministerial positions could be nominated and voted on by the elected members. But no, I hadn't really thought about it. I'm just sick of the old two horse race. Especially when both horses seem to be from the same stable. :icon_wink

As opposed to paying even if there's nothing wrong with you?

The NHS means that it's free at the point of delivery, but no health service comes for free. If you're a taxpayer you pay for the NHS with every payroll even if you never get sick.

p.s. affected / effected

Free at the point of delivery no longer works for the majority of workers when you go to the dentist or collect a prescription.

Free at the point of delivery no longer works for the majority of workers when you go to the dentist or collect a prescription.

Prescription Charges are being abolished up here,only found out the other day.Just goes to prove how much I read the press..other than the Sports pages

I've seen the NHS.

I've seen health care over here.

I'd rather be over here, I can tell you! It's all very well being free at the point of delivery, but on the other hand, if you're dead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48