nicky adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official confirmation: http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2127817,00.html

Brentford will this afternoon complete the signing of Leicester City's Welsh Under 21 midfielder Nicky Adams.

The Club previously investigated the opportunity to sign the 23 year old earlier in the summer but a combination of the structure of the deal at that time, a change of manager at Leicester and the player being in the very early stages of a rehabilitation programme following minor surgery at the end of last season proved to be too restrictive. However with the deal significantly restructured we are extremely comfortable and pleased with the players continued enthusiasm to join the Football Club and have had no hesitation in now completing the transfer.

Having completed the signing Bees Manager Andy Scott said: "I was genuinely disappointed earlier this summer when we were unable to complete Nicky's transfer. It was however the right decision at the time for all parties to apply some common sense and patience and review the position once Nicky had got back into the pre season schedule with some time on the training pitch. He played throughout Leicester's pre season programme without reaction to the injury and I am delighted that we have finally managed to bring him on board. Nicky has a proven pedigree at this level and will undoubtedly strengthen the ability of the squad."

Thought he was the answer to our right back problem? Oh well, I won't lose no sleep.

Good luck to him.

This is a good move for all concerned. I admired Nicky Adams ever since some non-match (Paint Trophy I think) when he stuck his head in among some flying boots with great courage. From what little I saw of him he was hard working but lacked the technical ability to shine at this level.

I imagine that the improvement in Robbie Neilson and the arrival of Michael Lamey put paid to the Adams at right back experiment.

You can tell a great deal about a person by the way they leave an employer e.g. Joe Mattock. So far as I am concerned Nicky Adams deserves respect.

This is a good move for all concerned. I admired Nicky Adams ever since some non-match (Paint Trophy I think) when he stuck his head in among some flying boots with great courage. From what little I saw of him he was hard working but lacked the technical ability to shine at this level.

I imagine that the improvement in Robbie Neilson and the arrival of Michael Lamey put paid to the Adams at right back experiment.

You can tell a great deal about a person by the way they leave an employer e.g. Joe Mattock. So far as I am concerned Nicky Adams deserves respect.

:038: :038: :038: :038:

Saw him run the Charlton defence ragged on Sky earlier in the year whilst on loan at Orient. He's had a bit of a raw deal, being recalled from that loan to do little more than benchwarm in our run in. Never saw him do much on his rare more-than-ten-minute cameo appearance for us though.

Good luck Nicky.

Brentford have signed a good player here, in their league I reckon he'll do very well.. Pleased for them and him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566