Nigel Adkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr K

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric has made Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins his number one target as he bids to replace Gary Megson, now at Bolton. (Sun)

Is Milan mad! :018:
We want an experience manager not a physio turn manager.

Hope we get Tigana :038:

I always find that when he talks to the press after the game he just says the first thing that comes to mind, always coming out with clichés.

Can't see there being much substance to this though.

The fact that you lot know so much about the Manager of Scunthorpe, let alone his bloody name or who he even is scares me to death.

Thank fcuk for that.

bangor city attracted george best to play for them so they cant be that bad!!

I think adkins would be daunted by the size of our club. People at scunthorpe knew and respected him, but what are DJ, Hume and the rest going to make out of a former thysio?

bangor city attracted george best to play for them so they cant be that bad!!

Not this Bangor - I don't know if he played for Bangor in N.I? Most famous players Bangor City have had are probably Clayton Blackmore and Neville Southall!

Adkins was player-manager when he was at Bangor and he was the goalkeeper. I remember vividly he used to shout "DON'T FOUL!!! DON'T FOUL!!!" again and again to his defenders whenever they were tackling near the box. It was really annoying - especially when you were standing behind the goal.

Not this Bangor - I don't know if he played for Bangor in N.I? Most famous players Bangor City have had are probably Clayton Blackmore and Neville Southall!

Adkins was player-manager when he was at Bangor and he was the goalkeeper. I remember vividly he used to shout "DON'T FOUL!!! DON'T FOUL!!!" again and again to his defenders whenever they were tackling near the box. It was really annoying - especially when you were standing behind the goal.

if its the bangor city in wales then george best did play for them before he went up to scotland (hibs?) at the end of his career, it was only for a few weeks but he def played for them i know this because my brother trained with him there.

i,l edit that last post after speaking to my brother, apparently he was there but may not have played in a profesional game for them,he di however at least train there for a few weeks.

i,l edit that last post after speaking to my brother, apparently he was there but may not have played in a profesional game for them,he di however at least train there for a few weeks.

Fair enough. Obviously the great surroundings of Farrar Road didn't appeal to him :icon_bigg

What does it matter what he did before? He's proving to be a competent manager at this level.

And I have it on good authority that Arsene Wenger once used to be a foetus! Imagine that - and now he's a successful football manager. Remarkable....

And I have it on good authority that Arsene Wenger once used to be a foetus! Imagine that - and now he's French

PYF60.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670