Nikolaos Dabizas

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazee

good afternoon people,

right im going to keep this short. I'm an Ipswich fan and ive heard a few (highly suspect) rumours about us making a move for him, so i was wondering...

...what can you tell me about him, postion, age, links to other clubs, reason for being let go, errr that sort of thing.

thank you

SilverFox

Slow, beyond slow...if you look up slow in the dictionary you will find a picture of him.

Aside from that he is prone to the occassional good game, but if I were to describe him and the performance he usually puts in, clumsy would be a good word, and he loves putting his arms around people or on top of their shoulders, so expect him to do as he did at city and give away 10 absolutely stupid free kicks in dangerous positions per game.

Avoid like plague!!!!

PONTUS KAAMARK

Should have had a much better season than he did last year.

My two best mates are newcastle season ticket holders and they dont believe we ever saw the best of him.

Likeable player on the whole but one who was capable of going from the sublime to the ridiculous in the blink of an eye with the emphasis on the ridiculous. He does love a rash challenge as well.

His distribution was average at best and he had a tendency to be panicky in the closing stages of matches.

Hes played for some big clubs so hes not all bad and I still liked him even though he was never very consistent for us.

Doubt he will be any better for you than he was for us which was 'average and should have done better'.

Graz

You havn't heard of Dabizas? He's the guy who used to play for Newcastle..

Anyway, he's pretty crap. Makes stupid errors, thinks he is a God. Pretty dirty player as well..

After Greece won Euro 2004 (which he didn't play a game in) he thought he was great and wouldn't sign a new contract for us because he thought a bigger club would want him. No one did, and eventually he signed.

His wages are probably why we got rid of him, although Levein may have decided he just wasn't good enough. Glad we got rid though.

Steven

Graz said:
You havn't heard of Dabizas? He's the guy who used to play for Newcastle..

Anyway, he's pretty crap. Makes stupid errors, thinks he is a God. Pretty dirty player as well..

After Greece won Euro 2004 (which he didn't play a game in) he thought he was great and wouldn't sign a new contract for us because he thought a bigger club would want him. No one did, and eventually he signed.

His wages are probably why we got rid of him, although Levein may have decided he just wasn't good enough. Glad we got rid though.

Not a fan. ;) :icon_lol: He is a player on the way down. ;)

fcukcov

i was going to write a post but I cant be bothered and I think everyone summed it up for me.

MKFox

Don't listen to the others...
If you have any influence over your board, do what you can to sign him, he is awesome...
European Championship winner y'know?
He'd be a great signing for the tractors, at least we'd have one less team to worry about for the play offs, although you aren't very good at them are you?:icon_lol:

Macky

Gruntled Member
MKFox said:
Don't listen to the others...
If you have any influence over your board, do what you can to sign him, he is awesome...
European Championship winner y'know?
He'd be a great signing for the tractors, at least we'd have one less team to worry about for the play offs, although you aren't very good at them are you?:icon_lol:

ditto that, it'd be an awful shame to lose him, but sure that's life ;)

let's hope it's not just a nasty rumour :icon_lol:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
crazee said:
good afternoon people,

right im going to keep this short. I'm an Ipswich fan and ive heard a few (highly suspect) rumours about us making a move for him, so i was wondering...

...what can you tell me about him, postion, age, links to other clubs, reason for being let go, errr that sort of thing.

thank you

Dabizas??

Never heard of him!!

Come on you guys - being a bit harsh aren't you? He makes a large of saving tackles after he's made a hash of something in the first place, and whenever we conceded it obviously wasn't his fault because he always remonstrated with whoever was standing closest to him and didn't read the fact that he was going to make a pig's ear of it.

And it wasn't his fault that the banning of the tackle from behind obviously wasn't explained in his natural language: the laws of the game had always been all Greek to him!

step

I think you can take it that we did not take to him. That was mainly because he got so cocky after winning the european cup. Mind you I would be cocky if I had been promosed one million for winning the cup. and like him I would be mega pizzed off if I did not recieve it.

He is liable to hug the attackers a lot and gives away freekicks because of it, but he does play rough which is what I experct from a defender, But, I cant remember him giving any penalties away. but he probably did.

Certainly not the worst defender or best that we had. I think the promise of a one million payout effected him and we did not get the best from him because of that.

If he can get himself focused again he should be ok.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
step said:
I think you can take it that we did not take to him. That was mainly because he got so cocky after winning the european cup.
eeerrr... Dabizas won the european cup?!?

Which game did he play in then?

But, I cant remember him giving any penalties away. but he probably did.
There was one at Charlton. There must have been more.

SilverFox

Not many penalties, but he consistently gave away stupid free kicks in dangerous places...we leaked a lot of goals because he was both slow and compensated for it by dragging people over...Utter shit!

LS6_Fox

I was never his biggest fan, but to be fair at times he did look like a useful player; but as with many of our players last season, he was too inconsistent. If he could reduce the number of needless fouls he gives away, then he would be a useful addition to your team - I don't think he ever really settled into our team.

Dunc

LS6_Fox said:
I was never his biggest fan, but to be fair at times he did look like a useful player; but as with many of our players last season, he was too inconsistent. If he could reduce the number of needless fouls he gives away, then he would be a useful addition to your team - I don't think he ever really settled into our team.

Probably cause he played with about 10 different centre halves in 2 years, no wonder he never fitted in.

He's ok, nothing better nothing worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670