No, I'm not going to the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the following do you believe to be true?

For Blatter the risks are to the "spirit and essence" of the game, as well as integrity and the financial stability of clubs, players, leagues and organisations. That said, Blatter emphasised that "we, at FIFA, applaud and welcome those in the business community who want to invest in our sport. But football must never be seen as just a money making venture."

While acknowledging that finance and business have a crucial role to play in ensuring that football can continue to grow and develop, Blatter said there had to be a sensible balance between governing bodies, clubs and the business community to ensure the game remains sustainable at all levels.

"Let us remember that the future of football depends on integrity, responsibility and grassroots development. Best practice at all levels of financial management; Protecting the game and those who take part in it; Fair value, equality, environmental sustainability and ethical work practices

"While money is important, we must never forget what makes football such an inspiring and enduring force. No amount of money, profit or business will ever replace the social benefits that a sport like football brings to its fans and players.

Blatter is an odious thief in the same way as Bernie is in F1, the sooner sports get rid of them the better.

Blatter is an odious thief in the same way as Bernie is in F1, the sooner sports get rid of them the better.

Blatter might be around for a bit longer than you (plus me and a fair few others) would like:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/06/18/uk-soccer-fifa-valcke-idUKBRE95H13S20130618

FIFA president Sepp Blatter's chances of remaining in office after 2015 have increased dramatically after FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke urged him to stay in the job.

Really couldn't care less if he runs FIFA forever, I've given up on international football and he hardly affects city

Really couldn't care less if he runs FIFA forever, I've given up on international football and he hardly affects city

I don't think it's quite as simple as that though BB.

I don't think he directly affects City, but I do think that, if the man at the top is setting the tone in the way he does, all the leeches below follow. That in turn filters down into the general way in which football is run and I'd hardly say City were being run on the following basis.

we must never forget what makes football such an inspiring and enduring force. No amount of money, profit or business will ever replace the social benefits that a sport like football brings to its fans

The fact is I spend the bare minimum that I can to see city and won't buy into any of the other crap, I gave up sky years ago and I'll stop spending anything if football cost breach my tolerance so it doesn't matter who runs the shit.

Well said as they are 2 great sports that are being ruined by 2 greedy feckers at the top.

Nice find on the video too and this is even before opening the Russian and Qatari can of worms so the sooner something happens to these ****s, the better for millions of sports fans around the world.

Hopefully the current uprising in Brazil becomes a fully fledged revolution, overthrows the government and cancels the World Cup. That'd be ****ing great.

Hopefully the current uprising in Brazil becomes a fully fledged revolution, overthrows the government and cancels the World Cup. That'd be ****ing great.

Makes me wish we'd won the rights to host it now.

You won't be saying that if the WC after next is moved to the winter and we have summer football as a result.

The first time I read this I thought you were referring to our loud mouthed drunken crazy fan who 'walks to every game' by bus. Now I get what you're on about I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566