No need to panic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshirefox

We have not had a good start to the season and the latest performance was poor. I couldn't understand why we still couldn't have taken the game to Burnley even with 10 men instead of defending a 0-0.

The fact is that against the same teams (other than West Ham) we have exactly the same number of points as we did 2 years ago when we got promotion.

...........................................2004/05.............. 2002/3
DERBY (A)... ....................... 3......................... 1
MILLWALL (A)...................... 0 ........................ 1
WATFORD (H) ..................... 0 .........................3
WOLVES (A)........................ 1 .........................1
BRIGHTON (H) ..................... 0......................... 3
ROTHERHAM (A)................... 3......................... 1
SHEFF UTD (H).......................3 .........................1
BURNLEY (H)........................ 1..........................0

TOTAL .................................11....................... 11

If you substitute Portsmouth(h) in 2002/03 for say West Ham(h) then the totals for both seasons is 12 points. So if we get the same results from now as 2002/03 against the same teams and do better or the same against the other teams that we did not play in 2002/03 then we should get promoted. The next game is QPR which is not a team we played last time and that is followed by Gillingham(a) which we lost last time out. So after the next 2 games we may well be up on the points total for 2002/03 against the teams we played last time.

Yorkshire this has been done before recently and I'm still not convinced. :roll:

Statistics tell you nothing

We have played like a bunch of no-hope amateurs against very weak opposition. I dread to think what would have happened had we played Wigan, Ipswich Sunderland and Stoke (yes, Stoke) instead of some of the worst teams in this league

You can quote all the stats you like. It doesn't take away the fact that we have played like complete shite

The last time we were in this division we cruised our home games, I can remember us passing Bradford off the field and winning 4-0 without the players breaking sweat, we dont look capable of doing this to anyone this time around. Although we still rarely break sweat :wink:

We look as though we would have a job breaking wind, let alone sweat.....

homer said:

We have played like a bunch of no-hope amateurs against very weak opposition. I dread to think what would have happened had we played Wigan, Ipswich Sunderland and Stoke (yes, Stoke) instead of some of the worst teams in this league

You can quote all the stats you like. It doesn't take away the fact that we have played like complete shite

Statistics can tell you anything you want them to. It's about time that our optimistic 'friends' woke up to the fact that, apart from the 'top' teams who believe the can win at the Walkers, all other teams will come with the intention of putting 11 men behind the ball hoping to grab a goal on the break. The sad fact is that we have a team with little or no imagination and unfortunately the whole world, apart from our optimistic 'friends' knows this. :roll:

Billy Boy said:
homer said:

Statistics can tell you anything you want them to. It's about time that our optimistic 'friends' woke up to the fact that, apart from the 'top' teams who believe the can win at the Walkers, all other teams will come with the intention of putting 11 men behind the ball hoping to grab a goal on the break. The sad fact is that we have a team with little or no imagination and unfortunately the whole world, apart from our optimistic 'friends' knows this. :roll:

Yes, we have been rumbled and there doesn't seem much in the locker to change things round.

Elsewhere in this forum it has been inferred that I am amongst a number of posters who think that MA should be replaced by Walshy. My opinions don't matter one way or the other but for the record I have never said that. I recognise as well as anyone else that we are in a difficult position. The reality looks like MA is a good lower division manager but hasn't got it in him to move this club any further forward with the players and assets at his disposal. Everyone also knows that we can no longer attract the sort of prospective manager short list that we once could. I anticipate that the crunch will now come when the (invisible) board accept that current gates and future ST sales are so prejudiced that a change has to be made.
This situations usually happen as the leaves fall or a replacement becomes touted as available.

I really hope that I am completely wrong on all the above and that the optimists are able to get some pleasure from a turn round of the situation

Gold star to Yorkshire Fox. This is scientific thinking. This is not thinking through your dick thinking! What's more, it shows that someone is thinking for themselves, not mindlessly following the herd.

I'm not sure either how much these stats tell us - but it's a solid starting point.

James Walker is smiling in his grave.

Scientific thinking is fine, but you cannot ignore your aesthetic side - whether you want to use your dick or not

Football is a science, but it can also be an artistic delight

Forget the hard facts for a while, and consider the aesthetic beauty, or otherwise, of what is being served up by Mr Adams

Is it a glorious cornfield or an unmade bed ?

The late, great James Walker would know what I'm talking about. RIP

Join Lancs Fox at the top of the class Billy Boy.

As for you Yorkshire Fox you can stay behind on this board and post five hundred times: 'I must not pinch other peoples ideas and present them as my own.'

Like we all do!

What the bugger has two seasons got to do with now, we have a totally different team playing against teams with new players, if every season was the same as previous then it would be easy to do the coupons ! This is just clutching at straws cos we have had a mediocre start and people are trying to convince themselves everything is still ok.

All that matters is what happens now not in the past otherwise if that is the case then there is not a lot of point in turning up for Ipswich away is there.

Come on lets leave the past where it belongs and concentrate on now they are the only important results, we will finish wherever our performances decree and no amount of comparisons will change that.

What the bugger has two seasons got to do with now, we have a totally different team playing against teams with new players, if every season was the same as previous then it would be easy to do the coupons ! This is just clutching at straws cos we have had a mediocre start and people are trying to convince themselves everything is still ok.

I agree 100%

Now THAT is thinking with your head and not with your dick.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566