'No right column' theme ****ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
What have you done, Jeff? It has now changed to a very wide fixed-width that needs to be constantly scrolled horizontally.

I haven't changed anything, and it's working fine for me.

Boc predicted this reply about 5 hours ago :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I did, I did. Jeff has this phrase on his clipboard ready for pasting at any given moment.

The theme was showing as a 1600 pixel fixed width and needed scrolling on a 1280 screen. No pictures - big or otherwise. Anyway, Jeff - it's fixed now so whatever you didn't do, there is no need to undo it - unless you have already, of course.
:icon_wink

Last edited:
I did, I did. Jeff has this phrase on his clipboard ready for pasting at any given moment.

The theme was showing as a 1600 pixel fixed width and needed scrolling on a 1280 screen. No pictures - big or otherwise. Anyway, Jeff - it's fixed now so whatever you didn't do, there is no need to undo it - unless you have already, of course.
:icon_wink

Which browser were you using?
If it happens again can you save the html source and send it to me?

There's definitely nothing at this end that has changed, but it may be something to do with what's on the page at the time, so the source may help me work out what's gone wrong.

Which browser were you using?
If it happens again can you save the html source and send it to me?

There's definitely nothing at this end that has changed, but it may be something to do with what's on the page at the time, so the source may help me work out what's gone wrong.

IE7 - I will certainly forward the source if it happens again.

At least one of newton's pictures is causing a similar problem - but this was not the same - a much lesser degree of scrolling required to see that. What I am talking about seemed to be a page set up for a 1600 pixel screen; newton's pic requires quite a bit less than that.

IE7 - I will certainly forward the source if it happens again.

At least one of newton's pictures is causing a similar problem - but this was not the same - a much lesser degree of scrolling required to see that. What I am talking about seemed to be a page set up for a 1600 pixel screen; newton's pic requires quite a bit less than that.

There is nothing in the template to say what the width of the page should be, it should change depending on the size of the browser window you're using. The only thing that should force it to be wider is something on the page that can't be split over more than one line, such as a picture. Either that or it's a problem with the browser.

That theme also denies you of the news items in the LCFC forum

I said ages ago that when the forum upgrade took place I would only update the default theme with all the customisations and add-ons, because it takes too much time keeping them all up to date and adding the new customisations to each one.

Before the forum upgrade we had lots of different styles, and most of them were so out of date things like vBookie and the arcade didn't work with them. Even things like the ability to report threads were missing from some versions.

I don't want to get to that situation again, so there will be three basic versions in future. The default theme, with various colour combinations. The default theme with no right column, and the mobile phone version.

There is nothing in the template to say what the width of the page should be, it should change depending on the size of the browser window you're using. The only thing that should force it to be wider is something on the page that can't be split over more than one line, such as a picture. Either that or it's a problem with the browser.

The problem hasn't reoccurred so I think we can close the ticket on this one.

Last edited:
I said ages ago that when the forum upgrade took place I would only update the default theme with all the customisations and add-ons, because it takes too much time keeping them all up to date and adding the new customisations to each one.

Before the forum upgrade we had lots of different styles, and most of them were so out of date things like vBookie and the arcade didn't work with them. Even things like the ability to report threads were missing from some versions.

I don't want to get to that situation again, so there will be three basic versions in future. The default theme, with various colour combinations. The default theme with no right column, and the mobile phone version.

I'm sure that be enough for everybody's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669