no standing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameslcfc

i dont know if anyone has posted anything about this but whats goin on with this stupid ruleabout NO STANDING, how are ya supposed to show ya support if ya cant stand.
Next they will be saying no singin cus of noise pollution. i dont understand how the north stand were getting so much flak and even kicked out the stadium and yet most were standing in l1 without any problems,
its the stupid pen pushers as far as im concerned but wondered if any one else heard anything or wanted to air there thoughts

Some people manage to.

Me, I do it by waving my free flag and dancing to the music when we score a goal.

Some people manage to.

Me, I do it by waving my free flag and dancing to the music when we score a goal.

supergay.gif
:102:

They're the rules, been like it for years, deal with it.

Whats all the hype about standing anyway.....:102:

The tossers stand all the game and sit down at half time....:102:

i dont know if anyone has posted anything about this but whats goin on with this stupid ruleabout NO STANDING, how are ya supposed to show ya support if ya cant stand.
Next they will be saying no singin cus of noise pollution. i dont understand how the north stand were getting so much flak and even kicked out the stadium and yet most were standing in l1 without any problems,
its the stupid pen pushers as far as im concerned but wondered if any one else heard anything or wanted to air there thoughts

What is this obsession with standing and it having a direct relation to the passion you are showing for your club???
I for one used to love standing in the Kop on the terraces and dancing around but things change, rules change and we now live in a world dominated by a Health and Safety culture.
There is no problem jumping around, dancing, clapping, cheering or whatever you want to do, when we score. Equally, there is no problem, jumping up when a bad decision is made or you are chanting away, but the fact is that consistent standing is a now a no no in clubs all over the country, since the introduction of all seaters! Get over it!!! this doesnt mean you cant support your club, show passion, enjoy yourself! Like it or not, you just have to move with the times, end of!

I just wonder if there has been a false link made between atmosphere and standing. There may have been a change in type of supporter due to price increases over the past 15-20 years, coinciding our major terraces being demolished.

I would still prefer to stand but there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to make as much noise sitting as standing. The only real drawback is that we can't easily drift toward an area that is more vocal.

I prefer standing and dont need to justify my opinion to any fecker.

Nope, I pay for the seat, it's a good seat and worth the money. If I paid to watch football I would feal severly ripped off, so the seat it is.

a good way to justify the costs, kind of :)

In all seriousness, other than the fact that it is still currently illegal, is there an actual reason why "safe" standing areas can't come back? I know it's been tried successfully in a few places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00