Noisy fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Anyone know ought about fridges? I just bought one from a second hand place. It's a bit noisy and buzzy which is annoying as my new pad has an open living area. Its not awful, but just annoying really. Only plugged it in about three hours ago so maybe its just sorting itself out. The feet are all level and nothing seems loose or rattly at the back. Anyone git any suggestions? It seems to be working fine, the beer is cold now, etc. Hope someone can give me some advice. Sure I'll get the obligatory wise cracks but if someone has a sensible suggestion I'd really appreciate it. Cheers, Joe_Fox

Anyone know ought about fridges? I just bought one from a second hand place. It's a bit noisy and buzzy which is annoying as my new pad has an open living area. Its not awful, but just annoying really. Only plugged it in about three hours ago so maybe its just sorting itself out. The feet are all level and nothing seems loose or rattly at the back. Anyone git any suggestions? It seems to be working fine, the beer is cold now, etc. Hope someone can give me some advice. Sure I'll get the obligatory wise cracks but if someone has a sensible suggestion I'd really appreciate it. Cheers, Joe_Fox

Three hours may be a bit early for a moved fridge to settle down. I hope it sorts itself out, otherwise it might be a trip back to the 'second hand place'.

12 month warranty so not completely exposed. Cost $320 so not exactly cheap. Cheers Boc, appreciated.

12 month warranty so not completely exposed. Cost $320 so not exactly cheap. Cheers Boc, appreciated.

****! $320 for second hand. How much is that in real money? I'm glad I don't live where you live!

About £170. Its pretty big Samsung fridge freezer mind you.

About £170. Its pretty big Samsung fridge freezer mind you.

Ah - not so bad then - as long as the guarantee holds (if necessary)

Should have let it stand for a good 4-6 hours before turning it on. If you didn't it wont ever work properly.

The guy who delivered it said 30 mins to let gas settle. I turned the plug off and heard the compressor wind down, then when I turned it back on the noise had gone. The frost free fan remained on so not really sure what's going on. At least its quiet now. Bed time!

Ok, so it's cycling on and off now, probably a good sign. I think maybe the fan is slightly skewiff so may investigate that and see if it can quite down a bit. Maybe I'll post a sound byte so you can hear it and aurally diagnose the 'issue'.

phew, that's a relief joe!

just let us know when you need your arse wiping, we'll send someone over mate....

This is just typical of all kitchen devices, I reckon, noisy ****ing things they are. My washing machine makes an awful racket at times

This is just typical of all kitchen devices, I reckon, noisy ****ing things they are. My washing machine makes an awful racket at times

My microwave has been making a weird pinging noise whenever it's done cooking something. Any ideas? Already tried plugging it into the sofa.

My microwave has been making a weird pinging noise whenever it's done cooking something. Any ideas? Already tried plugging it into the sofa.
Put in on longer intervalls. That way the plinging becomes less (or should that be fewer?) frequent. Doesn't do the food any wonders though

Put in on longer intervalls. That way the plinging becomes less (or should that be fewer?) frequent. Doesn't do the food any wonders though

Tried that, it made my monster munch hotter and more soggy than usual. I didn't care for it.

Last edited:
Tried that, it made my monster munch hotter and more soggy than usual. I didn't care for it.

Okay, to remedy that once you have taken your (soggy) monster munch out of the ping machine put the packet in the buzzy thing for half an hour.

Okay, to remedy that once you have taken your (soggy) monster munch out of the ping machine put the packet in the buzzy thing for half an hour.
:017: My vibrator doesn't have anywhere that I can put Monster Munch into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670