Norman Leate

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Lammie Robertson was another one.McClintock signed him I think,not sure if he ever played for the first team.McClintock or Pleat which one was the worst? theres a tough call...

Lammie Robertson made a number of first team appearances and is a core member of my worst ever LCFC side.

He sort of played towards the right wing position - but was not a winger and neither a midfielder nor a forward.

Considering he usually played wide - he was incredibly slow moving - I think he came to us from some English lower division side - in the south west - rather than Scotland but not sure and can't be bothered to check it out.

In my opinion Norman was a much better player ( and certainly more entertaining) than Lammie.

Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
Lammie Robertson was another one.McClintock signed him I think,not sure if he ever played for the first team.McClintock or Pleat which one was the worst? theres a tough call...

Lammie Robertson made a number of first team appearances and is a core member of my worst ever LCFC side.

He sort of played towards the right wing position - but was not a winger and neither a midfielder nor a forward.

Considering he usually played wide - he was incredibly slow moving - I think he came to us from some English lower division side - in the south west - rather than Scotland but not sure and can't be bothered to check it out.

In my opinion Norman was a much better player ( and certainly more entertaining) than Lammie.

Robertson Archibold (Lammie)

b Paisley 1947

Midfield

From Peterborough January 1979

To Northwich Vic July 1981

49 (2) Appearances 3 Goals

He went to the Bantams and was Manager of Northwich Victoria. :eek: :eek:

Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:

b Paisley 1947

Midfield

Thanks. Amazing that he made so many appearances.

Redditch Fox said:
Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:

b Paisley 1947

Midfield

There is not much out about him. :-( :-( :roll: :roll: :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
Steven said:
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:

b Paisley 1947

Midfield

There is not much out about him. :-( :-( :roll: :roll: :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I knew there was a south west connection - former clubs included Exeter City - he joined them from Brighton.

He took corners and free kicks.

The 49 (2) Appearances 3 Goals I thought were at Bradford. :-( Sorry for the confusion. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
The 49 (2) Appearances 3 Goals I thought were at Bradford. :-( Sorry for the confusion. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Yep - my recollection was that he only played a few games - I used to watch every game at home and a lot away at that stage and without looking it up I guess he would have played maybe 10 games?

He was dire - out of his depth but to be fair was probably past his best when he came here.

People were just astonished that we had signed him.

Redditch Fox said:
...and without looking it up I guess he would have played maybe 10 games?
good guess...6 + 1 sub

MKFox said:
lazzer said:
statto statto statto :D
Feck off echo boy :p

".... right I'm going to write to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen. Dear Mr., Echo ....."

Was that JF or Rick from the Young Ones. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670