Northants CC match

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Taylor, Nixon and maybe New all available today. I assume Josh Cobb might drop but would be harsh on Dixey if he was left out.

Buck out for a month, rest will probably do him good - he's not been taking wickets this year.

Interesting team selection. Could we rely on Malik, Hoggard and McDonald as the pace attack and bring in an extra batsman or use Wayne White?

Tough decisions regarding the pace attack indeed. Mcdonald rusty after no cricket, White unlikely to pull up trees. Gurney?! Really depends on the wicket although I can't see them preparing a spinning wicket with their seam line up.

Added to that Northants have a fantastice batting line up!

I suggest we add the extra batter and try to score enough to save the match as first priority. Negative I know but that's how I see it.

Dixey will play. Not sure whether Cobb or Ali will step aside for Taylor.

This is the team I would go for:

Jefferson, Boyce, Nixon, Taylor, McDonald, Dixey, White, Naik, Henderson, Hoggard, Malik.

With Buck being ruled out for the next 2 months, I would go for White over Gurney. Neither have particularly impressed as bowlers but White does give us that extra batting option. With this line up, we bat right down to 9 and we have 6 options with the ball.

This is the team I would go for:

Jefferson, Boyce, Nixon, Taylor, McDonald, Dixey, White, Naik, Henderson, Hoggard, Malik.

With Buck being ruled out for the next 2 months, I would go for White over Gurney. Neither have particularly impressed as bowlers but White does give us that extra batting option. With this line up, we bat right down to 9 and we have 6 options with the ball.

Spot on!

I hope I'm wrong but I can't seriously see Boyce getting two good knocks in succession. That 119 he hit last week, I think it must have been a gap of 2 or 3 years since his only other century.

Who would ever believe we won the toss? Boyce is still there though - he'll probably carry his bat after what I said earlier! We'll no doubt have to rely on Naik and Henderson to add some lower order runs.

Good recovery, great innings from McDonald 164 at more than a run a ball and 47 from White. 313 all out. 3 bonus points from a rubbish position.

good to see us pass 300 in the 1st innings and get some badly needed batting points. shame we didn't get a wicket late on. Northants haven't failed in their 1st innings all season, 376 is their lowest score, we will do well to keep them below that

Great first hour 54/4! Andrew Hall in now though.

Northants all out 312. the first hour appears to have been tricky for both sides, nice to see McDonald chip in with a few wickets and White as well, altough he was a bit more expensive

50odd for 0 at close. Good day, which could have been better, but will take it.

The Northants innings was remarkably similar to ours - dogdy start, good partnership in the middle, tailed off at the end before a 10th wicket partnership pushed them over 300.

Last edited:
I hope I'm wrong but I can't seriously see Boyce getting two good knocks in succession. That 119 he hit last week, I think it must have been a gap of 2 or 3 years since his only other century.

Must admit I thought the same, but hit another ton today as it petered to a draw. Well done.

50s for Taylor and McDonald too. Another match starts Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669