Northants V Leics

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashyfox

Leicestershire won toss and at lunch are 103-2. Ackerman 44*. Our bowling line up is very inexperienced and young though. Be good test for them.

Broad Aged 20
Cummins Aged 22
Liddle Aged 22
Naik Aged 22

Well at least we're scoring enough runs to give them something to bowl at. 318-4. Ackerman (155*) and Nixon (41*) are in the form of their lives at the moment!! Another 50, but no ton again, for Sadler.

Ackerman continuing his Bradmanesq form :) Hes not suppose to be the best player of spin but hes certainly showing Monty no respect. Great innings.

I'd imagine as its Wantage road it will be quite a turner. I suggest we just score as many as possible and leave it to Henderson and Naik to get the majority of the wickets.

Weather forecast for next few days isn't too good. Hopefully can dodge the rain and get 3 wins on the bounce.

68 overs have been lost so far, forced our hand a bit as it means we have to declare overnight.

Just realised he only faced one ball before close of play - maybe he went in as night watchman, although I would have thought that was unneccesary as I'm sure we'll see a Leics declaration after another 100 or so runs.

Yes, I thought it was a funny one to bring in a nightwatchman. If they're going for quick runs in the morning, better to get Maddy, Nixon or Sadler in.

Maybe the rest had all gone home :icon_wink

Could we possibly get a third contrived win on the trot?

I'd say Northants are probably the favourites with our weak attack and what is on a very flat pitch. If we set 350 odd then it could be interesting though.

There is no rain predicted in Northants tomorrow, just cloudy with sunny intervals. Looks promising.

Northamptonshire require another 104 runs with 6 wickets remaining, not sure how many overs are left. I think I read earlier that there were 58 overs to make the runs (which would be another 63 balls)

Well if it's a draw at least Liddle and Cummins have had a chance. Unfortunately their figures don't look great.

Liddle has played 4 first-class matches in his career and taken 3 wickets
Cummins 8 wickets in his 5 f-c matches this season.

I know we have a few others in the second XI (Walker, Rowe) so guess they should get a chance before the end of the season as well

We can now get a maximum of 208.5 points. Surrey have 212, Essex 183, Worcestershire 178. I would say our chances of finishing in the top 2 are gone ;)

It would be a boost if we could finish 4th and give a few youngsters a go. We should essentially play the team/squad that we expect to use next season. I'd like to see Rowe and Walker to be given a go, as well as that young all rounder Steven Clark. I'm sure they will be given some kind of chance especially now that Broad is with the England squad for the next month.

Although i'm not a fan of Henderson, I was just comparing his stats with other spinners in England. 37 wickets @ 40 isn't that bad, only 5 spinners have more wickets than him in county cricket this year. Croft, Sailsbury, Mushy, Keedy and Warne. If he had some more assistance from our seamers then it would undoubtedly be better.

Although i'm not a fan of Henderson, I was just comparing his stats with other spinners in England. 37 wickets @ 40 isn't that bad, only 5 spinners have more wickets than him in county cricket this year. Croft, Sailsbury, Mushy, Keedy and Warne. If he had some more assistance from our seamers then it would undoubtedly be better.

Absolutely. He's no Monty or Warney, but he does take wickets. Not his best season though. He's been a rock (and an occasional rocket!) with the bat as well however.

Would like to see Allenby and New given a go at some point as well. However on the flip side I wouldn't want too much change, as you need to keep the winning mentality. Perhaps give New a go until the rest of the season instead of Robinson (or Maunders). New has never let the side down.

I'd like Maddy to stay in the middle order and see how he does, with a view to next season. We should just tell him to play his one-day game.

Theres a fine mix between competitiveness and giving youngsters a chance. I think I would just use the remaining pro40 games to give a few players a chance and take it a bit more seriously in the county games.

I would be pleasently surprised if New played again this season as I hear that he intends to leave the county, I for one would be very disappointed if that did happen.

I've also heard that Chris Liddle will go so I was surprised to see him playing in this championship match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669