Norwich agree fee for Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

According to teletext pg 303, does this mean Scowcrofts move is off???
IMO this is bad news unless they want scowcroft as well, or maybe palace or ipswich will sign him. To be honest though ashton is so much better than scowcroft, they do not deserve to be in the same league.

Do we know what sort of fee is involved, I would be amazed if Na'arch had that sort of money - cant see Ashton going for less than £2m unless they are going to pay in instalments

Doesn't mean that he is certain to sign though.

With 3 other clubs rumoured to be interested wouldn't you wait to see if they came in for you, as they may now make a move.

After all the other clubs mentioned look currently look more likely to stay up

They had a good day yesterday at The Cattle Auction, raised a few quid sold a few Effers apparently

highland fox said:
They had a good day yesterday at The Cattle Auction, raised a few quid sold a few Effers apparently

Can they give us some tips then?

Can think of a number of our lot who make me eff & blind on a regular basis

highland fox said:

and hopefully they'll be buying a useless effer from us :D

This could be a publicity stunt by Norwich, and Crewe could be using this bid as a way of holding an auction for the player, it is well known that Norwich have little money available but it at least shows they are ambitious to their fans.

Would not surprise me if another club comes in and gazumps Norwich's bid and Ashton gets his move to a big club, whilst Crewe get the opportunity to ween out some more cash through a bidding war.

Still think Scowy will be a Norwich player. Ashton will fail to agree terms or will be holding talks with another club by the end of the weekend.

mad biker said:
Now there`s a thought !!

Has anyone ever told you that its not nice to tease! :)

You told us a little while back that talks were going on behind the scenes. Have these ceased? Or are there still interested 'unnamed' parties involved?

mad biker said:
Talks have far from ceased, there are interested parties !

Good news?!? I'll be sad because he has been a good servant...but then again he hasn't looked like he's had his heart in it lately. We will see what happens I guess.

How about incomings...no names. I know you can't...but are we far from finished with our buisness in the window?

Other than that, hows ya bad self?

...Oh and a 2Million deal has been agreed for Ashton. Looks like he is on his way to Norwich. Every time I talk about the canaries I think of the last home game of our promotion season 3 years ago...'stand up if you're premier league' Its enough to make a grown man cry :cry:

More players are on CLs wanted list, but outs are certainly needed before any more ins are likely ! I`m fine thanks for asking, one of the problems with having a bit of knowledge is that I can`t be an "ordinary" poster, and all I get is requests for info, still, I would be the same, after all, the one thing we ALL have in common is a love for LCFC !!

mad biker said:
More players are on CLs wanted list, but outs are certainly needed before any more ins are likely ! I`m fine thanks for asking, one of the problems with having a bit of knowledge is that I can`t be an "ordinary" poster, and all I get is requests for info, still, I would be the same, after all, the one thing we ALL have in common is a love for LCFC !!

Except Chandler...he wants us to fail :lol:

So what do you do when you aren't being the man in the know? If you don't mind me asking.

mad biker said:

Aw, that's awful mad biker :(

Who else is going then? :wink:

Seriously, you looking forward to the game tomorrow?

I`m self employed SF, and of course my other love is Motorcycles, to be really honest I don`t really look forward to home games at the moment, but a few wins would soon put that right, the FAC might make a pleasent change though !

mad biker said:
I`m self employed SF, and of course my other love is Motorcycles, to be really honest I don`t really look forward to home games at the moment, but a few wins would soon put that right, the FAC might make a pleasent change though !

Cool. My brother is self employed. Hes an engineer who also has a love of bikes. He had an R6, and then the love of his life a Duccatti(sp?)...then he went and did something really silly...had kids, got married, and now the old bread knife has made him sell them!

Poor poor man! Under the thumb and probably loving it :lol:

I know the picture is you, so do you race or just take it out on the track for kicks?

Just do track day`s but you can`t be on a track and not race :wink: I have a Ducati Monster, great fun !!

mad biker said:
Just do track day`s but you can`t be on a track and not race :wink: I have a Ducati Monster, great fun !!

My brother loved his. Said it wasn't the fastest bike in the world, but it sounded great, was a beautiful red, and was made in the same factory as Ferrari! I sometimes think he should have married the bike!

Sorry about the delay...changing my negative Dave Connolly Pic! New picture, new year...hopefully bucket loads of goals!

MB, I for one am one of those guilty of pestering you for info, and for that I apologise.

But just out of interest, and bearing in mind you were very loyal to Micky, what are your thoughts on Craig Levein and how he is going about the task of managing our club.

Sorry to ask this, but is there more than just Norwich interested in Scowy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669