Norwich City (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerd

Boss is a qpr fan and said we deserved to win.

taking my wife to her first game so hope its a cracker.

Motown Fox

Boss is a qpr fan and said we deserved to win.

taking my wife to her first game so hope its a cracker.

Would it be too bad that both teams not wanting to lose play it safe and it's more of a damp squib?

Some view this as a must win game against Norwich but will a draw to steady the ship be sufficient to start a turning point of our bad run into the start of a good run if we can not manage a victory?

Our current form

18Feb 2011 Leicester 2 - 1 Bristol C

22Feb 2011 Cardiff 2 - 0 Leicester

26Feb 2011 Leicester 1 - 1 Coventry

05Mar 2011 QPR 1 - 0 Leicester

Last season slightly later than this season, roughly 4 weeks, we had a similar bad run, in fact it was worst as we only took one point from a possible 12. Where we also played Cov (& drew when we should have won) played Cardiff (& lost) and played a team that eventually won promotion in WBA, this year its QPR (surely they will go up now)

24Mar 2010 Leicester 2 - 2 Coventry

24Mar 2010 Leicester 1 - 2 Reading

27Mar 2010 Derby 1 - 0 Leicester

30Mar 2010 Cardiff 2 - 1 Leicester

02Apr 2010 West Brom 3 - 0 Leicester

Prior to this run we had played 10 games of which 6 we had won with 3 draws and only 1 defeat (to Sheffield Wednesday).

After this bad run above we won ALL 5 remaining games until the end of the season. Perhaps it is asking a bit much that we now win every game, but an unbeaten run until the end of the season with 6 or 7 wins would be nice.

Last edited:

Billyjof

At this time last year, so how many points off the pace were we then?

We can beat these lot, otherwise we'll have Syd telling us what a clever clever man him and MON are.

Get behind em!

Profondo Rosso

At this time last year, so how many points off the pace were we then?

After 35 games last season we were on 57 points, so we were 5 ahead of what we are now. As MF says though, during our final 11 games, we did at one point go on a run of getting 1 point from 5 games, so we could catch that up.

LES Fox

Back to 4-3-3 tomorrow for me. Gally for Oakley, Waggy/Dyer for Vassell.

Just keep the ball, we'll score.

Yep, that's the best formation at home.. 4-3-3.. Gally, Yak, Vassell, King, Wellens, Abi... Defense not such a straight pick, tho expect him to play Bruma, Bamba with Mee staying left, and course Naughton right. The extra player in the middle and overlapping full backs create more angles and attacking options.

Thought Sven made the right call reverting to 4-2-2 at QPR, had we taken our chances and come away with something, the Mongies would have cried, see Waghorn's gotta ****kin play, blissfully unawares that tactics and formation change with the opposition.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Last season slightly later than this season, roughly 4 weeks, we had a similar bad run, in fact it was worst as we only took one point from a possible 12.

24Mar 2010 Leicester 2 - 2 Coventry

24Mar 2010 Leicester 1 - 2 Reading

27Mar 2010 Derby 1 - 0 Leicester

30Mar 2010 Cardiff 2 - 1 Leicester

02Apr 2010 West Brom 3 - 0 Leicester

Isn't that 1 point from a possible 15? Or did the Championship employ a complicated Prediction League-type points system last season?

fitz

Isn't that 1 point from a possible 15? Or did the Championship employ a complicated Prediction League-type points system last season?

Football was different back in them days, we had to play Cov and Reading on the same day.

fitz

I take it that it means you can't make the game tomorrow?

If so, here's hoping you get loads of such texts.:038:

I can't make it, month end deadline and such crap means no chance of half day at work.

4-4-2

I can't really make it tonight either but will be going along to the Youth Cup game tomorrow.

Last edited:

Biffa Bacon

Yep, that's the best formation at home.. 4-3-3.. Gally, Yak, Vassell, King, Wellens, Abi... Defense not such a straight pick, tho expect him to play Bruma, Bamba with Mee staying left, and course Naughton right. The extra player in the middle and overlapping full backs create more angles and attacking options.

Thought Sven made the right call reverting to 4-2-2 at QPR, had we taken our chances and come away with something, the Mongies would have cried, see Waghorn's gotta ****kin play, blissfully unawares that tactics and formation change with the opposition.

I think it's probably best to keep 11 players on the pitch at all times.

alex

i don't understand this team at all!

---------------------------------------------Ricardo
Naughty----------------------Mee---------------------------------Bamba-------------------Berner

---------------------------------------------Bruma-----------Abe

---------------------------------Wellens
----------------------------------------------------------------------King

--------------------Gally

---------------------------------------------Yak

4-4-2

---------------------------------------------Ricardo
Naughty----------------------Mee---------------------------------Bamba-------------------Berner

---------------------------------------------Bruma-----------Abe

---------------------------------Wellens
----------------------------------------------------------------------King

--------------------Gally

---------------------------------------------Yak

:038: :icon_lol:

Last edited:

Motown Fox

Ooops:icon_redf

I think I looked at the list of our current 4 games rather than the 5 from last season but knew we only got the one point.

As mentioned we are 5 points off our record from last season but with these 5 games I mentioned this could be quickly made up as PR mentions so with 5 games to go we may not need to win all 5 to match last seasons total.

Look like the Scunthorpe game is SOLD OUT which will be a blow to my lad as his Nana has gone down to get a ticket this morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670