Pre Match Norwich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not interested in the results of other teams who could affect our promotion?
No I just want to get through this season by winning loads of games and forget it never happened. And not have to hear QPR v Swansea be described as interesting again.

And talking of which, who out of QPR and Swansea do you think is going to affect our promotion?

Preston and Ipswich are playing. I suppose that is quite interesting. Preston could end the night with a 4 point buffer. If we were in that position we’d be happy with that and probably find it interesting wouldn’t we? If they lose and we win tomorrow we could go top. That’s also quite interesting.

Well, I’ll probably chuck whatever match is being televised on. You know, because it’s football and we are in that league.

The lack of pleasure some of us are getting from the sport suggests to me people might want to explore other hobbies. No judgement here.
I honestly don't watch a lot of football on TV and I never have done really, so I guess I'm not the best judge on that front.

Well, I’ll probably chuck whatever match is being televised on. You know, because it’s football and we are in that league.

The lack of pleasure some of us are getting from the sport suggests to me people might want to explore other hobbies. No judgement here.

You keep saying this and largely directing it in my direction.

Being angry/frustrated/fed up/pissed off/bored/sickened/let down etc. is in no way a reflection of falling out of love with football.

Correlation is not causation.

They’ve lost their love for it all, and no going back for them now

I well remember checking with interest all other fixtures when we were in League One, at all stages of the season , and all other times we have been in this League (and the Prem).

Plotting our next run of fixtures, checking who our opponents had played and how they got on, looking at potential rivals and what their run of fixtures were over the same period. Watching them on the telly to see what we were up against etc.

Done it all my life, and definitely still doing it now - all without an accompanying derogatory sneer and/or sense of entitlement.

I well remember checking with interest all other fixtures when we were in League One, at all stages of the season , and all other times we have been in this League (and the Prem).

Plotting our next run of fixtures, checking who our opponents had played and how they got on, looking at potential rivals and what their run of fixtures were over the same period. Watching them on the telly to see what we were up against etc.

Done it all my life, and definitely still doing it now - all without an accompanying derogatory sneer and/or sense of entitlement.
I do that for the NFL. Yes I’m sad :icon lol:

Yeah, I've been watching the EFL highlights show every week, as well as keeping up with the premier league (if not watching a lot of full matches).

I've actually quite enjoyed watching the championship football at times.

I do understand being generally disillusioned with football - the Greenwood stuff has been particularly horrible - so absolutely, completely understand if people want to **** it off. I'm just not there.

You keep saying this and largely directing it in my direction.

Being angry/frustrated/fed up/pissed off/bored/sickened/let down etc. is in no way a reflection of falling out of love with football.

Correlation is not causation.
Not entirely directed at you in this case. And apologies if I've read it wrong.

You don't seem to be enjoying it at the moment, is all.

View attachment 18043
This meant a lot at the time.
Probably one of the most printed off/ copied league table of that era .

I was ten years old at the time. I remember coming down the stairs, seeing it in the newspaper, and being absolutely amazed. I told other children at my primary school and they didn't believe me.

It does not matter what league we are in, supporting our club still brings me immense joy. The Southampton game was brilliant and some of movement was sublime, not every side will attempt to play expansive football against us, hopefully Norwich will.

Watching us promote from league one, even the agony of the play off's to eventually being promoted to the Premiere league as champions filled me with pride. Of course winning the Premiere league was the pinnacle, but watching this team being re built is exciting and I hope we can continue to grow throughout this season and win the bloody thing.

I'll be going to this. The last time I went to Carrow Road it ended in a 0-0 draw. The time before that featured a wonder strike by Gareth Williams: a player who went to Watford for £3 million then seemingly vanished into thin air.

View attachment 18043
This meant a lot at the time.
Probably one of the most printed off/ copied league table of that era .
And was very much downhill from that match on, all the way to League One.

But yes I was also incredibly proud of that table. First time we’d been top since I started supporting in 83, other than perhaps when be beat Everton first game post-Lineker?

I’ll admit to a bit of this. Football the sport, Football the community, and Football the industry (especially the latter two) are each infected with a number of very large tumours, many of which nobody with any significant say in the matter seems especially interested in curing. Everything is full of and/or run by ****s, but the way football seems especially worshipful of the worst ****s it can find is genuinely sickening.

I’ll admit to a bit of this. Football the sport, Football the community, and Football the industry (especially the latter two) are each infected with a number of very large tumours, many of which nobody with any significant say in the matter seems especially interested in curing. Everything is full of and/or run by ****s, but the way football seems especially worshipful of the worst ****s it can find is genuinely sickening.
All correct and understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570