Nottm Forest - Carling Cup - 28/8/07 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to beg for the time off for this one tomorrow. unlikely that i'll make it but would feckin love to go there for the first time

So much for some ill informed forest wanker saying we are not supported well away from home, forest yesterday mustered a huge 400 away fans at swansea, we take 1200 to accrington on a shit tuesday night.

Wankers :)

Directions & Parking

Approx 28 miles - 45 mins

The A46 IMO would be the best route into Nottingham, as the A453 (J24) or the A52 (J25) will be extremely busy.

As you leave the A46, follow signs for A606 Nottingham. As you approach the Wheatcroft island I would ignore the signs for 'Football & Cricket Traffic' and go throught West Bridgford instead. It's a nice area of Nottingham, and parking should be ok.

Alternitavely, if you want to go via the M1, leave at J26 and park at Phoenix Park. Parking is FREE and you would be able to enjoy a ride on the tram. A day ticket is £2.40 or group ticket up to 5 people (max 2 adults) is £5. This would take you to the train station. The ground is about a 20 minute walk from here.

is there anywhere closer to the ground to park my legs wont take a 20 min walk at the min

Last edited:
is there anywhere closer to the ground to park my legs wont take a 20 min walk at the min

If you get there early enough there's some on street parking 5-10 minutes walk from the away end - near the centre of this map
The away entrance is near the bit that says Lady Bay Bridge (shouldn't that be ladyboy?)

I have my own favourite place to park which is a bit further away but avoids getting stuck in the post match traffic. Not telling anyone where it is though :icon_bigg

Have they changed the sale dates for this match? I'm sure when they first came out monday, tuesday then wednesday were for season ticket holders.

am i gonna mad???

Have they changed the sale dates for this match? I'm sure when they first came out monday, tuesday then wednesday were for season ticket holders.

am i gonna mad???

No you haven't. They have changed the dates. It was going to be P1 Monday, P2 Tuesday, P3 (all season ticket holders and Members0 Wednesday), Thursday general sale.

Now, its Monday and Tuesday

Erm....anyone got any suggestions for parking? I really want to avoid the suggested street parking because from past experience, it's poxy getting out of the traffic. I ideally want to be ahead of Trent Bridge towards home rather than past Trent Bridge.

If you get there early enough there's some on street parking 5-10 minutes walk from the away end - near the centre of this map
The away entrance is near the bit that says Lady Bay Bridge (shouldn't that be ladyboy?)

I have my own favourite place to park which is a bit further away but avoids getting stuck in the post match traffic. Not telling anyone where it is though :icon_bigg

thanks jeff :038::038:

I have booked a room for 2 in the Nottingham Central Travelodge for £26 so im ok now. Think its around 10-15 mins walk from the ground.

You thought wrong ... at least a 40 minute walk.

Don't think I'll be going, can't afford tickets until I get paid and to be honest I can't really be arsed after Saturdays shit game.

I've been to Forest numerous times and never seen us win.

If there are 4000 city fan in Nottingham do you think that the police may request a train to be put on to get everyone away? Do they still do things like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669