November Ratings Awards - Find out what you decided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

November Awards – The Fans View

Here are the awards that you decided by rating the players after every match.

The players who have played enough to be nominated in the awards that are decided over multiple games are (played 50% or over of total minutes): James Scowcroft, Nikos Dabizas, Lilian Nalis, David Connolly, Jordan Stewart, Keith Gillespie, Danny Tiatto, Joey Gudjonsson, Matt Heath, Kevin Pressman & Peter Canero.

The players who are omitted from the awards that are decided over multiple games who have played some part are: Stuart Taylor, Chris Makin, Lee Morris, Scot Gemmill, Dion Dublin, Martin Keown, Gareth Williams, Nathan Blake..

The Awards

Defender Of The Month – decided by average rating throughout the month.
3rd – Jordan Stewart – 6.69
2nd – Peter Canero – 6.80
1st – Matt Heath – 6.81

Midfielder Of The Month - decided by average rating throughout the month.
3rd – Joey Gudjonsson – 6.54
2nd – Danny Tiatto – 6.60
1st – Lilian Nalis – 6.78

Attacker Of The Month - decided by average rating throughout the month.
2nd – David Connolly – 6.31
1st – James Scowcroft – 6.54
Only these two played enough minutes to qualify.

Best Team Performance - decided by all players averaged over one game.
3rd – Wigan Athletic (A) – 6.24
2nd – Crewe Alexandra (A) – 6.33
1st – Coventry City (H) – 6.98

Worst Team Performance - decided by all players averaged over one game.
3rd – Wigan Athletic (A) – 6.24
2nd – Plymouth Argyle (H) – 6.15
1st – Sunderland (H) – 5.77

Best Individual Performance - decided by best average rating over one game (must have played 45 mins or longer)
3rd – Matt Heath vs Coventry City (H) – 7.58
2nd – Danny Tiatto vs Coventry City (H) – 8.01
1st – Lilian Nalis vs Coventry City (H) – 8.08

Worst Individual Performance - decided by worst average rating over one game (must have played 45 mins or longer).
3rd – Chris Makin vs Wigan Athletic (A) – 4.59
2nd – Nikos Dabizas vs Sunderland (H) – 4.58
1st – Kevin Pressman vs Crewe Alexandra (A) – 4.47

Most Improved Player Of The Month – decided by most improved average from last month.
3rd – Keith Gillespie (+0.79)
2nd – Nikos Dabizas (+0.85)
1st – Lilian Nalis (+0.86)

The 'Two Steps Back' Award – decided by player who has got the worst difference in average over this month and the last.
3rd – David Connolly (-0.09)
2nd – Danny Tiatto (-0.43)
1st – Kevin Pressman (-1.11)

Flop Of The Month - decided by worst average rating throughout the month.
3rd – David Connolly – 6.31
2nd – Nikos Dabizas – 5.62
1st – Kevin Pressman – 5.48

Player Of The Month - decided by best average rating throughout the month.
3rd – Lilian Nalis – 6.78
1st – Matt Heath – 6.81

Please feel free to debate these awards saying whether you think an award was deserved or not for a player or if you are surprised by any of them.

And finally thanks for voting this month and keep voting throughout December.

Cheers alex, the biggest surprise was Matt Heath as player of the month. Maybe some people should rethink not wanting him in the team?

Might say something about the overall quality of our centre halves and not how well Heath as played.Didn't CL say that he was looking at defenders to get in?

Top quality work. :p :p :wink:

highland fox said:
Thank you Steven.

:roll: You should never try and take credit for something you did not do. :roll: :? :? :wink:

Sorry...Anyway Steven are you sure you wouldn't like Sheffield to divide those marks by the actual time they spent on the pitch,subtract the time it took them to take a corner,multiply that by the number of times the ball went out of play,add the remainder then times that by the circumference of the ball and finally divide the outcome by the number of studs they had on their boots...thus giving a truer rating :wink:
In Pressman's case you could add pi....or maybe even two.

highland fox said:

lol. :D :D I couldn't begin to model Pressman's pi consumption. :p :wink:

highland fox said:

or even 3.141592654 (2 nine decimal places)

My guess is Steven was one of those kids at school who would keep you in the classroom after the bell for 'home' had gone,by asking the teacher questions.....consequently he was known as 'The Boffin'.

highland fox said:
My guess is Steven was one of those kids at school who would keep you in the classroom after the bell for 'home' had gone,by asking the teacher questions.....consequently he was known as 'The Boffin'.

... and I was a member of the Chess Club. :wink:

Leigh said:
Heath? Shocking :eek:

Thoroughly interesting and comprehensive.

It intrigues me that Dabizas rates less highly among the fans yet Heath - one of the few products of our youth system - appears out of favour despite his higher marks and his goalscoring contributions.

Not that I am saying Levein is wrong. Lack of pace is a serious handicap in a top flight defender so it may be that the boss is looking to improve that aspect or sell him, and who could argue.

If sold on there's surely a decent few bob for the pot cos Heathy would certainly do okay for clubs with lesser expectations. I still don't understand why Dabizas is preferred though. He always makes me nervous.

Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:
Heath? Shocking :eek:

Thoroughly interesting and comprehensive.

It intrigues me that Dabizas rates less highly among the fans yet Heath - one of the few products of our youth system - appears out of favour despite his higher marks and his goalscoring contributions.

Not that I am saying Levein is wrong. Lack of pace is a serious handicap in a top flight defender so it may be that the boss is looking to improve that aspect or sell him, and who could argue.

If sold on there's surely a decent few bob for the pot cos Heathy would certainly do okay for clubs with lesser expectations. I still don't understand why Dabizas is preferred though. He always makes me nervous.

agree fully, couldn't understand dabizas and dublin as cernter halfs, all the forwards needed to do was knock it past them and there through, or looking at dublins tackles, get a free kick. Heath is coming on strong and is looking like he be a very good center half one day!

top work as usual sheffield, take a bow :D

Defender Of The Month – decided by average rating throughout the month.
3rd – Jordan Stewart – 6.69
1st – Matt Heath – 6.81

Thats probably the most depresssing thing ive ever read on this site, jesus christ how far downhill have we gone? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gauge R&R

good stuff sheffield. how about an award for the most inconsistant or unpridictable player, using the range.

PS: Have you carried out a gauge R&R to assess if its the fans perseption or the players performance that we are measuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669