Confirmed Transfer Nugent to Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/david-nugent-departs-leicester-to-join-middlesbrough-2619078.aspx

Leicester City have reached an agreement with Middlesbrough for the permanent transfer of striker David Nugent, who joins the Teesside club for an undisclosed fee.
David’s move ends a four-year association with Leicester City for the 30-year-old forward, whose 180 appearances in a Foxes shirt yielded 59 goals.
The Club’s leading scorer in each of his first three seasons, Nugent played a pivotal role in City’s promotion to the Barclays Premier League during the 2013/14 campaign, becoming the first Leicester player in nearly 30 years to score 20 league goals in a season at that level.
The Foxes’ first campaign back in the top flight included some memorable moments for the Liverpool-born striker, who scored on both trips to Merseyside, including a wonderful half-volley at Anfield in January that won the Club’s Goal of the Season accolade. Nugent’s nerveless penalty reignited a famous comeback against Manchester United last September, while he also netted in the April victory at West Bromwich Albion that was a defining moment in the season.
In addition to his on-pitch contribution, Nugent has been an outstanding ambassador for Leicester City in the last four years, becoming an enormously popular figure with players and supporters alike. An infectious character with boundless enthusiasm, he has regularly taken pride in representing the Club in the local community, working admirably with people of all ages.
David departs with the best wishes of everyone at Leicester City. We wish him every success in his future career and will gladly welcome him back to King Power Stadium as a visiting player or a friend of the Club.

Disappointing but probably the best for all involved.

Good luck Nuge - just don't score against us!

Good luck Nugent.

One of my favourite players of recent years. A true professional with an eye for goal who clearly enjoys playing football.

He has scored some very big goals for us and his hard, selfless work rate will be missed

A player I will always applaud no matter what shirt he dons.

:):):):(:(:(

I echo everything said on here - great player for us, and a key reason we are where we are today.

I'll always have fond memories.

I can understand why he feels he must move as he will only get occasional starts or even bench time with 4 in front of him. Did he put in a formal transfer request or did Middlesbrough just come 'sniffing'? Do we pay up his contract for 2 years or is there normally a negotiated Golden Goodbye and he agrees a new contract with Middlesbrough?

Good luck David. Still a great player who would not be out of place in the Prem this season in many squads.

Ahem Jeff - Middlesbrough :)
No spelling checker on Titles?

Do we pay up his contract for 2 years or is there normally a negotiated Golden Goodbye and he agrees a new contract with Middlesbrough?

?

If they signed him, then we'll just stop paying him as of today.

He may have negotiated a signing-on bonus from Middlesbrough, but that is completely separate to us.

If a player has a loyalty payment due as part of his contract, he would be paid that for the years remaining on his contract, if he didn't request the transfer.
Hmmm...this varies contract to contract I believe, but it is possible, yes.

Farewell Nuge. Top top performer for the club who has done more for us than some of his more celebrated and costly predecessors. Enjoyed the spirit he played the game with and the work rate / body language that always seemed to me to inspire the other members of the team to put in a bit more a shift. Scored plenty of goals and dominated in the championship for us.
That said, it is good business for all concerned. Boro are a good club with a great chairman, so he should do well there. With no Tomlin, Bamford or Vossen he might be a bit starved of service for a bit - but hopefully not...
Makes you wonder whether we have another signing in mind as 4 strikers is hardly an embarrassment of riches if we get 1 or 2 injuries. Perhaps a chance for one of Panayiotou, Dodoo, Blyth, Lawrence, Barmby to emerge from the pack. But i doubt it....

Brilliant singing for us - a complete professional, always a smile on his face and IMO often very underrated. His technique and endeavour were both excellent.

One of our best players over the last few seasons and personally I'd consider him an almost-legend!

Thanks Nuge!!!!

Good luck Nugent.

One of my favourite players of recent years. A true professional with an eye for goal who clearly enjoys playing football.

He has scored some very big goals for us and his hard, selfless work rate will be missed

A player I will always applaud no matter what shirt he dons.

:):):):(:(:(
Absolutely this.

I'm sure all the guys will miss him as he was a real character in the dressing room. Our loss is definitely 'Boro's gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566