NYE in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I've booked to go to London for NYE, but after watching the fireworks I've got to work out what to do. We're staying at Earls Court, but they have free underground running all night, so getting back shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Any suggestions of where to go? I would quite like somewhere with a bit of live music.

Most places are selling tickets, but I'm half tempted to just risk it and see where I can get into at 1 after the fireworks.

Any suggestions?

What the **** is a 'NYE'?

No, seriously, what is it?

I've booked to go to London for NYE, but after watching the fireworks I've got to work out what to do. We're staying at Earls Court, but they have free underground running all night, so getting back shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Any suggestions of where to go? I would quite like somewhere with a bit of live music.

Most places are selling tickets, but I'm half tempted to just risk it and see where I can get into at 1 after the fireworks.

Any suggestions?

Frankly, I think you're mad. Whatever you decide to do though, you will definately need tickets for though.

You've got until the end of next month to work it out.

Doh! Why do people invent their own acronyms and just expect everybody else to understand their internal thought processes?

It's a new Irish boy band....Naggers You Envy. They suck.

I did actually think it must be a band or a show of some sort.

In my defence though, I don't bother with new years eve. It's just another date on the calender to me, except that the ****ing pubs are ruined filled with insufferable ****s that never drink at any other time of year.
I presume they still are anyway, I've not been out on new years eve for ****ing years.

Doh! Why do people invent their own acronyms and just expect everybody else to understand their internal thought processes?

I did actually think it must be a band or a show of some sort.

In my defence though, I don't bother with new years eve. It's just another date on the calender to me, except that the ****ing pubs are ruined filled with insufferable ****s that never drink at any other time of year.
I presume they still are anyway, I've not been out on new years eve for ****ing years.

I would have thought most people would recognise NYE as New Year's Eve, particularly so close to it.

I'd love to spend new year in Edinburgh at some point but anywhere else it's a total heap of steaming.

In that case he's not really inventing his own acronym :icon_wink

I've no idea if he was or not, to be honest, do people refer to it as that?
It was more of a general point though. There was somebody on here a few weeks back who just decided, unilaterally, to refer to Ian Stringer as IS and just presumed that everybody would know that meant. It took me several hours and several posts to work out who or what a ****ing IS was.
It's like some bizarre ****ing parlour game, What Am I Thinking Now?

"NYE" in London is overpriced, overcrowded and overcrap or OC.

To get any view of the fireworks you need elbows as sharp as pencils. Tubes may be free but they will be rammed full of drunk idiots. My experience was a hellish one. If you don't have tickets you will really struggle to get in anywhere especially central.

Get yourself an Elvis suit and and go and watch the fireworks on TV at your local.

Because Scotland is the only part of the British isles with a real New year tradition and it is the capital of Scotland

I'll bet you €50 to a pinch of dogshit that if you went it'd be just as shite as every other WNYE celebration

I'll bet you €50 to a pinch of dogshit that if you went it'd be just as shite as every other WNYE celebration

Probably but I love Edinburgh and if you'll give me €50 I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363