Oakley Signs New Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? :102:

He must think all his christmas and birthdays have come at once.

Nothing wrong with having Oakley as backup to the first team. Has experience at this level and it is not easy to get decent players to come to the club if they are only going to be backup.

only a year extension

Interesting.

The quotes from Sven are more about his influence off the field and on the younger players.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm amazed by that.

Maybe they're looking at getting him to do some coaching next season. Even in this league, I wouldn't want him near the first team next year.

He admitted himself, like 2 seasons ago, that his legs had gone..

Might as well save his wages and spend them elsewhere

Exactly, the man was struggling last season. Unless the Thais are going to spend big money on bionic legs during the summer this is a total waste of money.

By the way Sven says ""It is important for us to have people like Matt around the club, especially as we often have a young team out on the pitch. He has a positive influence on his colleagues and his experience in the game will be invaluable for us."

I get the feeling he won't feature much next season but this is more because of his influence off the field, perhaps kept even as an auxiliary coach more than anything.

Last edited:
By the way Sven says ""It is important for us to have people like Matt around the club, especially as we often have a young team out on the pitch. He has a positive influence on his colleagues and his experience in the game will be invaluable for us."

I get the feeling he won't feature much next season but this is more because of his influence off the field, perhaps kept even as an auxiliary coach more than anything.

The next Chris Powell maybe?

i do not understand this one bit.
just like i didn't understand giving Howard a new contract earlier this season.

The conclusion I draw is that the owners are still prepared to spend money quite freely - or alternatively perhaps we are going to be short of bodies next season.

I doubt there is any basis to the speculation that this will be a part coaching job. If that had been the case then they would have said so.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670