Oakley Signs New Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first comment or action from SGE in the last month that suggests he has any idea how to get us out of the Championshipo.

I follow the Socrates Examined Life idea and so lots of things confuse me. :icon_conf

In this particular case, Sventicles has explicitly explained his reasoning behind this so I'm not confused in the slightest about it.

The only thing confusing me, is why so many are confused by this.

In this particular case, Sventicles has explicitly explained his reasoning behind this so I'm not confused in the slightest about it.

The only thing confusing me, is why so many are confused by this.

Do you go down to the games?
Have you seen Howard and Oakley play recently?
They're awful. - They aren't good enough to help us gain promotion from this division to the Premier League. But Sven has given them contract extensions.
That's why it's confusing.

They're awful. - They aren't good enough to help us gain promotion from this division to the Premier League. But Sven has given them contract extensions.

It would be confusing if Svenny had said that he's extending his contract and he intends on playing him every week ahead of all other players, but he hasn't.
As you obviously haven't read it, this is what he said:

It is important for us to have people like Matt around the club, especially as we often have a young team out on the pitch. He has a positive influence on his colleagues and his experience in the game will be invaluable for us.

I dont see the problem with it, if he is a good influence around the club then its worthwhile.

I dont see the problem with it, if he is a good influence around the club then its worthwhile.

:038: Completely agree

Once the loan players have gone back we are going to have a very thin squad. Whilst Oakley has looked dodgy on occasions he would be a good player to bring on last 20 minutes to help see a game out.

It is only an extra year and after saying that winning League 1 was better than getting into the Prem with Derby I think he deserves it :icon_bigg

It's wonderful news

Simply feckin wonderful

Dear Lord Baby Jebus, save us all....

I don't think anyone's seen Howard play recently! In fairness to him the over-elaborate passing doesn't exactly suit his game (ditto Waghorn). Imagine Iniesta in a good old early 90s Wimbledon team, he probably wouldn't look so great either.

And wasn't it before Erikson came that Howard signed his new deal?

In my opinion - and having seen a couple of games recently - it's still a major problem for Sven that many of our players fit better into a direct game. That's been the problem for Hobbs, Howard and a few others. I think it'd do our game wonders if we could occasionally knock a ball over the top and perhaps surprise the opposition. Sven knows full well everyone knows how to play Leicester, but worryingly he's too stubborn to change it, even though we have players who can play a different style of football.

As for Oakley, no it makes no obvious sense. And he isn't particularly good in those last 20 minutes either. He had one good season for us, in the third tier. On top of that I see very little in the motivation or organisation of our players to believe that he has any major impact behind the scenes either.

What confuses me is why do you think your opinion is better than SGE. If he truly believes they are awful they wouldn't have contract extensions.

Maybe it's good you are not the manager then. Just keep to shouting abuse at Oakley and Ricardo!

What confuses me is why do you think your opinion is better than SGE. If he truly believes they are awful they wouldn't have contract extensions.

Maybe it's good you are not the manager then. Just keep to shouting abuse at Oakley and Ricardo!

and dont forget Howard

What confuses me is that SGE has quite clearly said that this contract extension is largely because of his influence off the pitch and his effect on the team off the pitch. That people think they have a better insight on day to day training and player's attitudes and personalities off the pitch than SGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669