Oasis Split up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What noel had to say...

"Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a ****in' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG."

Noel always seemed to me like the decent one. He was the better songwriter and vocalist. Liam however, was a total ****. Thought he was the biggest thing in the world, and came accross as a total arrogant tossbag.

I wish Noel the best, and hopefully will hear a solo album. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but it is always nice to hear a good songwriter.

I also wish that I never hear Liam Gallagher again.

So pleased I got to see them one last time at Wembley

Same thing I thought about seeing them in Cardiff. One of my favourite bands, but the sense of inevitability about it means I'm not particularly shocked.

Also a feeling that in 5 years time they will be back together again trying to milk us for more cash.

Noel always seemed to me like the decent one. He was the better songwriter and vocalist. Liam however, was a total ****. Thought he was the biggest thing in the world, and came accross as a total arrogant tossbag.

I wish Noel the best, and hopefully will hear a solo album. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but it is always nice to hear a good songwriter.

I also wish that I never hear Liam Gallagher again.

And Noel wasn't a total arrogant tossbag? :102:

even though Oasis are one of my favourite bands im not too bothered because
1). There not in their prime any more
2). I've seen them twice including back in June in Manchester when i was near the front!
3). Noel will release solo records now which i know i will enjoy
4). they'll get back together in a few years

Last edited:
Seems like they have been splitting up for 17 of the 18 years anyway, there has always been fights and disagreements between the brothers. Made some fab~tastic music though, great band live but they will reform when the money gets low and the ego's have drifted.

even though Oasis are one of my favourite bands im not too bothered because
1). There not in their prime any more
2). I've seen them twice including back in June in Manchester when i was near the front!
3). Noel will release solo records now which i know i will enjoy
4). they'll get back together in a few years

Pretty much my thoughts, too.

Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687