Birmingham 33/1
Cardiff 33/1
Bristol City 40/1
Plymouth 40/1
Preston 40/1
QPR 40/1
Huddersfield 50/1
Rotherham 80/1

How can anyone even say when nobody knows who is in the team? Not even us.

We've a shed load of players to get in and seemingly next to nothing to spend.

To win the Championship

Leicester 5/1
Leeds 11/2
Middlesbrough 10/1
Southampton 10/1
Ipswich 14/1
Norwich 14/1
Watford 14/1
West Brom 14/1
Stoke 20/1
Sunderland 20/1
Blackburn 25/1
Coventry 25/1
Millwall 25/1
Swansea 25/1
Sheffield Wednesday 25/1
Hull 28/1
Birmingham 33/1
Cardiff 33/1
Bristol City 40/1
Plymouth 40/1
Preston 40/1
QPR 40/1
Huddersfield 50/1
Rotherham 80/1
No idea why we’re odds on to win this. We don’t even have a manager.

I’m going to bet on another relegation.

Unqualified owner, incompetent board, no manager, players that want to leave, financial disaster looming. There’s nothing positive about this club at the moment that makes me think we’ll have a good season.

One factor next season will be that we'll be a scalp for every opponent.

We saw it in 2016/17 when we went to grounds and the opposition players and fans were well up for beating us. Back then we were incapable of handling it.

No doubt that we'll be on the TV on 4th August and whoever we are playing will be really keen to out run and out fight us.

When we played Blackburn in the FA Cup, they bullied us. Unless we bring in a very capable manager, we're going to get bullied over and over.

One factor next season will be that we'll be a scalp for every opponent.

We saw it in 2016/17 when we went to grounds and the opposition players and fans were well up for beating us. Back then we were incapable of handling it.

No doubt that we'll be on the TV on 4th August and whoever we are playing will be really keen to out run and out fight us.

When we played Blackburn in the FA Cup, they bullied us. Unless we bring in a very capable manager, we're going to get bullied over and over.

"Not being bullied on the pitch" is very high on my list of things I hope for from our new manager and the players he brings in.

I'm fed up of watching our soft players with no backbone who roll over as soon as things go against them. The number of collapses we've had in games over the last few years is not something I associate with Leicester City. That's not our identity.

Loads of people were surprised we ended up in a relegation fight (lol, fight....)

The same people will be backing us to go straight back up as other than a few journalists there hasn't been much criticism of players, Rodgers and the board this season. The amount of people who told me that we'd be fine because players like Tielemans and Ndidi are too good for us to go down....

What are the odds for relegation?

Southampton are the best placed of the three relegated teams, I'd say there's some value there but these odds are set by people with a limited idea of what's going on at all of the clubs. With no manager and no idea what the squad will be, these are crazy odds for us though.

Well worth a punt.
I put money on us going down from the Championship in 06/07, as it was 40/1 and I could see we were dogshit. We managed to stay up, but went down the following season, when I didn't have any money on it. Not quite sure why I didn't second time round, as it was pretty obvious that we were still doggo.

In all our previous relegations from the top flight (11), we’ve only come straight back up twice

I would be absolutely amazed if we got promoted next season. Not to be a pessimist - but I don't see how we pull anything coherent together in the next 8 weeks.

Well, pretty high up that list would be to scrap the Asia tour that runs until 6 days before the start of the new season and will take our players and staff out of the action for a couple of weeks.

I don't see how we pull anything coherent together in the next 8 weeks.
It is a tall tall order and I don't think it's overly pessimistic to think it's not going to be easy.

That said, it's 13 weeks until the transfer window closes on 1 Sept (opens 14 June) so that's a little bit more time to assemble a squad. How they'll all click is another matter.

Last edited:
I guess if we're selling right up to the deadline that would help too (and frankly some of the players deserve a run out in the Championship), but of the squad who will likely stay the whole season, I'd think it would be something like Iverson, Souttar, Thomas, KDH, Choudhury, Hirst with any more than that being a bonus - that's a lot of squad building to be getting on with

I keep seeing Choudhury being mentioned, but we already have an agreement to sell him to Watford for £6m if they choose to take it, so he may not be here.

Even if he is here, he'll be into the final year of his contract, so we may not want to keep him.

That said, if we do choose to, we could potentially have quite a few 'academy' players in the starting line up next season:
  • Choudhury
  • Iversen
  • KDH
  • Thomas
  • Hirst?
  • The lad who's made the bench a few times
  • Banes (although he'll obviously go)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389