Off to the smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Heathrow Express?

Touché.

No, not on Heathrow Express - nor on Heathrow Connect between West Drayton and Heathrow Airport. :icon_wink

However if you are desirous of travelling on such trains on a TravelCard, I can supply you with a list of the dates on which you will be able to do so as a concession while the Piccadilly Line route to the Airport is unavailable due to engineering work in West London. :icon_wink:icon_wink

Didn't know it was £7 now.....planning to go Landaan later this year with the intentions of visiting the works of Rogers in the Design Museum.

you take your course way too seriously.

Greenwich is nice. Gypsy Moth is a good pub, as it The Mitre

don't worry about DLR or Canary Wharf, they're fine

(belated I know)

We'll expect a full report on your day when you get back!

Didnt get back till late last night and i was too knackered to report back.

Anyway it was a fab day.
I didnt mention that i took my parents, who have both long since retired. Thats why i was after certain details regarding changing at Canary Wharf. I really didnt want my dad to be standing up on a crushed tube for 20 odd stations whilst trying to get back to Stanmore.
The day started with a pop in at that crooked Egyptians corner shop on route to Greenwich. Then we stopped for lunch on the embankment at Westminster for a very pleasent hour. Although we had the travel card to take us onto Greenwich we decided to take the boat trip via the Tower of London. That was well worth it.
Once at Greenwich we walked up to the Royal Observatory. Seeing my mothers face when i told her that we had to walk right up that hill to the observatory was a picture. At the top there is a fantastic view back across the Thames to Canary Wharf and also the O2 Arena. Then went into the Planetarium for a 25min digital show which was very good. Back down the hill we went to the Maritime museum which i would also recommend. And by now tired and weary, we found a smashing little cafe/bar in Greenwich which was very cheap by London standards. We caught the DLR back to Canary Wharf where it was still extremely busy at 6.30pm. Because of my dads situation we just milled around in the shopping area for half an hour which then enabled to board a fullish but comfortable tube back to Stanmore.
The motorway trip back was a nightmare and not because of the traffic, the weather was appalling.
All in all it was a delightful day.:icon_bigg

*note to anyone travelling to London*

The ongoing roadworks on both sides of the carrigeway between J6 and J10 is a bit of nightmare. Going northbound it was about 8.15pm when i reached J6. All i can say is that i dread to think how bad it would have been 3hrs earlier :icon_conf

Didnt get back till late last night and i was too knackered to report back.

Anyway it was a fab day.
I didnt mention that i took my parents, who have both long since retired. Thats why i was after certain details regarding changing at Canary Wharf. I really didnt want my dad to be standing up on a crushed tube for 20 odd stations whilst trying to get back to Stanmore.
The day started with a pop in at that crooked Egyptians corner shop on route to Greenwich. Then we stopped for lunch on the embankment at Westminster for a very pleasent hour. Although we had the travel card to take us onto Greenwich we decided to take the boat trip via the Tower of London. That was well worth it.
Once at Greenwich we walked up to the Royal Observatory. Seeing my mothers face when i told her that we had to walk right up that hill to the observatory was a picture. At the top there is a fantastic view back across the Thames to Canary Wharf and also the O2 Arena. Then went into the Planetarium for a 25min digital show which was very good. Back down the hill we went to the Maritime museum which i would also recommend. And by now tired and weary, we found a smashing little cafe/bar in Greenwich which was very cheap by London standards. We caught the DLR back to Canary Wharf where it was still extremely busy at 6.30pm. Because of my dads situation we just milled around in the shopping area for half an hour which then enabled to board a fullish but comfortable tube back to Stanmore.
The motorway trip back was a nightmare and not because of the traffic, the weather was appalling.
All in all it was a delightful day.:icon_bigg

*note to anyone travelling to London*

The ongoing roadworks on both sides of the carrigeway between J6 and J10 is a bit of nightmare. Going northbound it was about 8.15pm when i reached J6. All i can say is that i dread to think how bad it would have been 3hrs earlier :icon_conf

Its not normally that bad, there is lots of traffic but it is usually moving slowly. When you got to Junction 9 you could have popped in for a cup of tea :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46