Offer accepted for Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.

st albans fox

arteta to arsenal back on so in retrospect, everton didnt need to sell beckford to finance their loan deals. (or dont need if not yet signed). they now need a creative midfielder to replace arteta. lets hope moyes doesnt get any ideas ..............

SJN-Fox

I'm not sure how much of the money will be available to David Moyes. I get the impression that Everton's transfer policy/dealings are being driven by Barclays. That, surely, can be the only reason for a club holding a fire sale in the way that they are. get your last tenner on an Everton relegated and a David Moyes to leave double before the odds get too short.

Scotfox

Just a thought where has all their money gone? Hardly big spenders over the last few seasons despite their status as an EPL side.

Lincs Fox

No idea where their money has gone but, being purely speculative, perhaps the lack of European football and an ageing Goodison Park that can't compete outside of football with the grounds of similarly sized clubs doesn't help.

MarkyC

I've been thinking this for a couple of seasons, although they always manage to pull something out of the bag. Everton seem to be living on borrowed time in the Premier League, but I can see this year being exactly the same - everyone will write them off as relegation contenders, but then survive... just!

Graz

Is he here yet?

The bid was accepted hours and hours ago now. Guessing we're not getting anyone else in now... Beckford or nothing

MarkyC

Still an hour to go yet Graz, anything could happen. Just because Jim's not shouting it on SSN doesn't mean it's not happening behind closed doors!

SJN-Fox

Everton's money has gone to the bank ... a condition of them not calling it all in. They (Barclays) have closed down all of their lines of credit and all of th t hat they have made on recent transfers (Peinnar, Lescot etc.) has had to go straight to the bank. Bill Kenwright has tried his best to attract investment to the club but has failed, along wth several attempts to find a new ground. Everton is a club in decline without some serious invesment. A shame really, a proud club with a rich history and great fan base.

Lako42

All gone very quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673