Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree unless he is going to be part of a group that makes a rival bid :102:

Bit late for that I would have thought. He's struck me as a pretty straight sort of chap and I would guess he will just keep his head down until MM comes rolling in to town. Even after that, I don't think he will do or say much to rock the boat - it would just sound like sour grapes.

Because no one has ever said that - is the simple answer.

The simple answer, but the wrong one.

Several people have said there's no danger of us being saddled with debts by MM because he'll make sure he makes some money by getting us into the Premiership.
If MM's record is anything to go by he'll need to get lucky with managerial appointments to get promoted. And if he doesn't get lucky we could be in a much much worse position than we're in now.

The simple answer, but the wrong one.

Several people have said there's no danger of us being saddled with debts by MM because he'll make sure he makes some money by getting us into the Premiership.
If MM's record is anything to go by he'll need to get lucky with managerial appointments to get promoted. And if he doesn't get lucky we could be in a much much worse position than we're in now.
I don't think he's too much luck to find a better manager than Rob Kelly :102:

Bit late for that I would have thought. He's struck me as a pretty straight sort of chap and I would guess he will just keep his head down until MM comes rolling in to town. Even after that, I don't think he will do or say much to rock the boat - it would just sound like sour grapes.

Not necessarily if he feels that strongly, remember he is a supporter, and I would imagine this was no knee jerk reaction this will have been building for some time, then he may well decide to go ahead with a rival bid, his consortium could on the basis of knowing the current financial position make an unconditional bid that could be put to the board and shareholders, as long as it is better than MM's it is likely to be successful.

Last edited:
Not necessarily if he feels that strongly, remember he is a supporter, and I would imagine this was no knee jerk reaction this will have been building for some time, then he may well decide to go ahead with a rival bid, his consortium could on the basis of knowing the current financial position make an unconditional bid that could be put to the board and shareholders, as long as it is better than MM's it is likely to be successful.

i wonder what mr davies would think of that...

we may never get to find out the truth...we as fans deserve to know whats going on but unfortunately we will be treated like mushrooms :icon_roll

Even the mockery which lets face it is pro MM has stated that "The latest resignations are also believed to be due to disagreements over certain aspects of the deal", along similar lines to JJ.

Even the mockery which lets face it is pro MM has stated that "The latest resignations are also believed to be due to disagreements over certain aspects of the deal", along similar lines to JJ.

Well I didnt think it was about what biscuits they were supplying for the board meetings........

I don't think he's too much luck to find a better manager than Rob Kelly :102:

Rix? Perrin? I don't get why you have such a big down on RK - he's no genius but with very little room to manoeuvre he has made us (fractionally) better than last season. I could think of a lot worse if I wanted to put myself off my tea.

Rix? Perrin? I don't get why you have such a big down on RK - he's no genius but with very little room to manoeuvre he has made us (fractionally) better than last season. I could think of a lot worse if I wanted to put myself off my tea.

in what way has he..id say worse :102:

We are a full three points above the relegation zone, as opposed to being in it as we were 12 months ago

A truly remarkable achievement

Although that could soon change, of course.....

Well I didnt think it was about what biscuits they were supplying for the board meetings........

Well you may not be, but look back through this thread and you will find many that are looking for all sort of strange reasons reasons why AT has walked away.

I really don't understand the way people can attack MM based on his previous clubs. Based on our boards performance do people really still want them part of our club? We have massive debts and have been in steady decline for the last 4 years, what makes them better than MM?!??!

I don't get why you have such a big down on RK.
Poor performances, poor team selection, poor substitutions, playing players out of position, the defeast attitude in the press prior to every game, poor signings, unmotivated players, poor results, no improvement on a rubbish position since taking over, players playing well below their par, no real spark or ambition, no aggression, no passion, players disappearing for no reason..........................I'm out of breath.

Last edited:
Poor performances, poor team selection, poor substitutions, playing players out of position, the defeast attitude in the press prior to every game, poor signings, unmotivated players, poor results, no improvement on a rubbish position since taking over, players playing well below their par, no real spark or ambition, no aggression, no passion, players disappearing for no reason.

But apart form all that's he's a really nice bloke.......

At no point this season have I felt the cold numb despair I felt just over a year ago when I thought we were going to drop into the third tier for the first time ever. That's an improvement IMHO. As for bad football, it's been like that for two and a half years under three different managers plus caretakers. The difference with RK is that he hasn't had any money to spend. Does that answer the question?

At no point this season have I felt the cold numb despair I felt just over a year ago when I thought we were going to drop into the third tier for the first time ever. That's an improvement IMHO. As for bad football, it's been like that for two and a half years under three different managers plus caretakers. The difference with RK is that he hasn't had any money to spend. Does that answer the question?

I take it you did not attend the Sunderland game, then........?

He has had fecking money to spend FFS, he signed 2 centre halfs, of which at least one we didn't really need, an unmotivated ageing midfielder from the prem and a right winger that was decidely worse than what we already had......oh and he signed the same left winger that was shite on loan last season again so he could prove how bad he was again. So he has had money and probably more than quite a few other clubs who are above us for example Colchester !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Chelsea510
4Arsenal410
5Newcastle510
6Aston Villa59
7Brighton48
8Fulham58