Oi Hargreaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
You don't know if you are German or Canadian. One thing is for certain, You ain't fooking English if you have a German/Canadian accent.

You are the worst football player I have ever seen in an England shirt and you have stupid fooking curly hair, so you also think you are a girl.

There is no room in the English football team for Canadian German Girls.

So Fook Off back to Germanada or wherever you are from.

wow that's some strong commentary there dude ..... but he must be doing something right to be named into the england squad

Melton Fox said:
You don't know if you are German or Canadian. One thing is for certain, You ain't fooking English if you have a German/Canadian accent.

You are the worst football player I have ever seen in an England shirt and you have stupid fooking curly hair, so you also think you are a girl.

I hope this is not an anti-German or Canadian thread. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

As for Hargreaves, I have always felt he is overrated in English circles. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

KrazyDipper said:
wow that's some strong commentary there dude ..... but he must be doing something right to be named into the england squad
Marketing, thats what it's all about. Crossing the borders to sell shirts and other products into respective countries. Bayern munich fans buying England merchandise

Why was Sun ji hi (spelling?) employed with Man City?. To sell shirts in Asia. Same as the chinese guy that went to Everton. Immediately Everton have a chinese sponsor on the shirt.

Alternatively, it could be that we have nobody on the left side of midfield so Hargreaves is the only other option.

BTW did you hear Le Saux and Motson commenting on the fact they didn't know what Hargreaves best position is and not understanding why he has so many caps. 'nufff said!

Steven said:
Melton Fox said:

I hope this is not an anti-German or Canadian thread. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

As for Hargreaves, I have always felt he is overrated in English
circles. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

No of course not, it is an anti Hargreaves thread. The fact he has given me so much ammunition just made it a bit easier to get my point across

he signed with bayer munich when he as 16 years old...Despite never having lived in England, Hargreaves has elected to commit himself to playing for England, even though he is also eligible to play for Germany where he is nearing the five-year residential qualification period, Wales (his mother's birth-country) or Canada, where he was born and grew up.

he is 24 now and has 27 caps and this is what is say about him on the FA site:

Owen plays his club football for Bayern Munich and is one of the brightest young stars in the German Bundesliga. He quickly graduated from England’s Under-21s to the senior team during 2001, making his debut in the friendly with Holland at White Hart Lane.

Initially appearing on the left of midfield, Canadian-born Hargreaves looks assured in a range of positions, including right-back. He’s played in both the World Cup and European Championship and is renowned for being one of the quickest and fittest members of the squad.

Melton Fox said:
.... it is an anti Hargreaves thread.

I can buy into that. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: I just don't think he has a lot of quality and frankly looks lightweight at top class level. :roll:

KrazyDipper said:
he signed with bayer munich when he as 16 years old...Despite never having lived in England, Hargreaves has elected to commit himself to playing for England, even though he is also eligible to play for Germany where he is nearing the five-year residential qualification period, Wales (his mother's birth-country) or Canada, where he was born and grew up.

So it seems he chose the country with which he has the most tenuous link. :roll:

i think the fact that he can adapt to any midfield role is why he is given favour over others when it comes to being named into the england squad

Well i dont think he will ever be a starter, but he is a fantastic versitile player to have in a squad.

IM sure he will be playing over in england next season or the season after and then we will get to see his quality

How many bayern games have you seen???

Loyal_Supporter said:
Well i dont think he will ever be a starter, but he is a fantastic versitile player to have in a squad.

IM sure he will be playing over in england next season or the season after and then we will get to see his quality

How many bayern games have you seen???

I have seen 5 or 6 and many highlights. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

blimey melton, i know your mrs has just dropped a sprog, so have a quick j. arthur if you're feeling frustrated... :eek: ;-)

MKFox said:
blimey melton, i know your mrs has just dropped a sprog, so have a quick j. arthur if you're feeling frustrated... :eek: ;-)
Hargreaves is a player that i just cannot and will not like. Ever. He has a face that would look nice on the end of a cricket bat. If he could play football I could forgive his looks, and if he played decent football for his OWN country. I may even befriend him. However, this will never happen, so I am left with no choice but to hate him.

You know, kinda like them evil, fluffy, baby seal pups. It is no wonder so many of them bastards get clubbed with their big eyes. I am afraid if I were to find myself half way across the arctic circle with only a club and a baby seal for company and if I was thinking of Owen Hargreaves at the time, my god, I cannot even think about it.

Could do with him now, Canada are 2 - 0 down in the first 30 mins. :-( :? :?

Did you give Elliott and Izzet the same abuse when they decided to play for a country that wasn't their own?

I've not seen enough of Hargreaves to decide whether he's a decent player, he only ever seems to come on when there's a few minutes left and the game's over.

But to call him the worst player you've ever seen in an England shirt is ridiculous. Did you never see any of the Graham Taylor sides?

How about these, just for a start:

Geoff Thomas
Carlton Palmer
Keith Curle

i'm not disagreeing with you m'duck!! :D

anyways i was having this discussion with Ben eariler cos he was saying how does he get into the squad...all i said was that he must be doing something right if he plays for Bayern Munich every week!!

not having seen him play except if Bayern play one of our lot in the Champions League i still don't know what to make of him.

webmaster said:
Did you give Elliott and Izzet the same abuse when they decided to play for a country that wasn't their own?

I've not seen enough of Hargreaves to decide whether he's a decent player, he only ever seems to come on when there's a few minutes left and the game's over.

But to call him the worst player you've ever seen in an England shirt is ridiculous. Did you never see any of the Graham Taylor sides?

How about these, just for a start:

Geoff Thomas
Carlton Palmer
Keith Curle
The others were good enough to play for any chosen country. I fully respected Muzzy and Matty's decision to play for what are considered to be lesser teams. The other 3 I don't care about

It seems to me Hargreaves picked what is considered to be the best of the rest because he probably couldn't get in the German side, or as I suspect the Germans take the same policy in football as their politics. = You ain't fully German so Fook Off

It is simple Hargreaves should never even be considered for the English squad.
First and foremost he isn't good enough,
2nd he doesn't know the English mentality,
3rd he obviously isn't proud enough of his country to have ever even lived here!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669