OK - where's it gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Not been in Leicester for nine months and when I came off the station, I thought I had got off the train in the wrong city. What happened to the pedestrian subway into Granby Street?

Anybody know the reason for its removal? Everywhere else seems to be trying to separate fast-moving traffic from pedestrians - so why is Leicester putting them back together again?

Yes - they've put a toucan crossing in, but pedestrians and cyclists have to wait ages for a green light. Anybody been killed yet running across on a red light?

It was something to do with the fact that the slopes in it were too steep for disabled people in wheel chairs to use.

Why they couldn't leave the underpass and build a disabled crossing I don't understand.

It was something to do with the fact that the slopes in it were too steep for disabled people in wheel chairs to use.

So what's wrong with them getting speed up on the down ramp and using the momentum to get them up the other side?

It stank of piss, not the greatest welcome to the city. Glad it is no longer there really.

It stank of piss, not the greatest welcome to the city. Glad it is no longer there really.

It stank of piss because the drains didn't work and nobody ever cleaned it. A toucan crossing across six lanes of speeding traffic is not a great welcome to a city either.

I never used it before, so I cant care less about it.

It stank of piss because the drains didn't work and nobody ever cleaned it. A toucan crossing across six lanes of speeding traffic is not a great welcome to a city either.

I'd much rather cross a road into a city than wander through a piss soaked tunnel. Suppose I'm just used to having to cross dodgy roads every day as Newcastle has a low number of subways.

It cost £1.65M to fill it in and provide the crossing!

Don't believe everything you read. It wasn't filled in at all - it's being prepared as a nuclear bunker for the high and mighty!

whilst you're there, what happened to the Granby pub near there....?

whilst you're there, what happened to the Granby pub near there....?

Became a Chinese Restaurant
Shut down by Environmental Health due to Mice
Open as a Chinese Restaurant
Caught fire
now closed

I think that's about right.

The new road layout coming from the Mercury building towards the station is a mess too, everyone gets caught in the wrong lane to go up London Road - where 2 lanes used to turn left there is now only 1.

And cos it's one way, if you are heading to the station to pick someone up from the direction of the footie ground, you have to circle all the way round the back of the station(and down past the dodgy drug peddling streets) to come towards the station with it on your right.

Pain in the arse that is!

And cos it's one way, if you are heading to the station to pick someone up from the direction of the footie ground, you have to circle all the way round the back of the station(and down past the dodgy drug peddling streets) to come towards the station with it on your right.

Pain in the arse that is!

or go up tigers way and via East Street. Probably a little bit easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711