Old Trafford Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather is too unpredictable for any type of long jouney, for me. I might just stay home and watch Hampshire v Ireland. Its a shame though, I would like to go to OT and this is our only game there this season.

According to the site; The Leicestershire squad is: Darren Robinson, Darren Maddy, Hylton Ackerman, Dinesh Mongia, John Maunders, John Sadler, Jeremy Snape (capt), Paul Nixon, Stuart Broad, Claude Henderson, David Masters, Mohammad Asif, James Allenby.

Out of that I would leave out Allenby and Maunders.

Last edited:
Excellent performance with the ball to restrict them to 194!

Our batting line up is so poor though. Maddy gone for a golden, Sadler gone for 6. We need a big innings from either Mongia or Ackerman.

Maddy 0
Maunders 29*
Sadler 6
Mongia 22
Ackerman 0
Snape 0*
Nixon
Henderson
Masters
Broad
Mohammad Asif

We need another 140 runs. Its a big(ish) ask.

Last edited:
CM said:
Excellent performance with the ball to restrict them to 194!

Our batting line up is so poor though. Maddy gone for a golden, Sadler gone for 6. We need a big innings from either Mongia or Ackerman.

it's going to be a problem with Snapey as captain, since we will also play Henderson it will mean Snape will be batting at 6 all season. And he's not a good enough batsman for that high a position. we had the same problem 2 seasons ago (he hardly played last year). Question is, with Mongia as an all-rounder will we need all 3 spinners?

Well the three spinners did well today so I wouldn't rule it out. The question I would ask is that do we need so many bowlers? Today we picked 8 players who can bowl at a decent level (Nixon, Ackerman and Sadler being the ones who cant). We should definately consider leaving out Henderson, Masters or whoever if we continue to struggle with the bat.

It will be interesting to see if Snape bats at 6 in the county championship. I have a feeling he wont. If he does then I don't think I will bother this season!

A bit of a recovery from Nixon and Broad. They need 90 from 15 overs which isn't impossible.

Now I've jynxed us though so it won't happen :)

CM said:
Well the three spinners did well today so I wouldn't rule it out. The question I would ask is that do we need so many bowlers? Today we picked 8 players who can bowl at a decent level (Nixon, Ackerman and Sadler being the ones who cant). We should definately consider leaving out Henderson, Masters or whoever if we continue to struggle with the bat.

It will be interesting to see if Snape bats at 6 in the county championship. I have a feeling he wont. If he does then I don't think I will bother this season!

I think that he will. As I said, that's what happened last time he played regularly. Completely agree with you on the bowlers, and it would be a spinner to be dropped for me.

simply one of, if not the worst run chase i have ever had the misfortune to watch! Bowlers and fielders superb but we cant bat.

early days yet though. I'm sure we'll find our feet. Any schedule on the 20-20s yet?

Joe_Fox said:
early days yet though. I'm sure we'll find our feet.

Absolutely. But we can be fickle about cricket as well....when Snape hits a ton and takes 10 wickets against Surrey this week I will fully support his position at number 6 in the order ;)

And seriously, a schedule that means we get one first-class match against Loughborough - with no overs bowled - before the first match in the biggest one-day comp of the season is just unfair. No wonder out batsmen weren't ready. No sour grapes of course :frown:

glyn, you were right. He is at 6 again :(

Perhaps we are going to use flat dusty wickets to make Asif feel at home.

Surrey are 112/2 after winning the toss. Masters has gone for 8 runs in 11 overs. Asif has gone for 43 in 14! Masters for England!

CM said:
glyn, you were right. He is at 6 again :(

Perhaps we are going to use flat dusty wickets to make Asif feel at home.

Surrey are 112/2 after winning the toss. Masters has gone for 8 runs in 11 overs. Asif has gone for 43 in 14! Masters for England!

I was at the Surrey match for a few hours this afternoon - my first cricket experience (I'm Canadian). The rules are not too difficult to understand. I think I might go to the one day (I think it is one day) match against Warwickshire on May 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00