Old Trafford Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM said:
glyn, you were right. He is at 6 again :(

Perhaps we are going to use flat dusty wickets to make Asif feel at home.

Surrey are 112/2 after winning the toss. Masters has gone for 8 runs in 11 overs. Asif has gone for 43 in 14! Masters for England!
Nice to see we've signed another overseas pace bowler who doesn't take wickets! Surrey's usual batting dominance against us. If it wasn't Ramps it would have been Ali Brown.

Only just seen the team and the fact that Sadler has been left out. WTF? He's a far classier batsman than Johnny Maunders.

I listened to a bit on the Radio, Asif was unlucky to go wicketless. He beat the bat a lot of times especially with the 2nd new ball. I got the impression we bowled well today but they batted better on a decent pitch.

Did you notice how seven people bowled today and none of them were called Snape - Is he really getting picked for his batting! Also Maunders bowled ahead of Broad today. I think his emergence as a potential bits and pieces all rounder means he is getting a chance.

Not a great start to the season and its disappointing that Asif didn't take a wicket. But it's meant to be a decent pitch to bat on. That's until it's our turn to bat!!

CM said:
I listened to a bit on the Radio, Asif was unlucky to go wicketless. He beat the bat a lot of times especially with the 2nd new ball. I got the impression we bowled well today but they batted better on a decent pitch.

Did you notice how seven people bowled today and none of them were called Snape - Is he really getting picked for his batting! Also Maunders bowled ahead of Broad today. I think his emergence as a potential bits and pieces all rounder means he is getting a chance.

It seems like we bowled well, we were averaging just 3 and half an over and apart Mongia all the bowlers had fairly neat figures. It seems the Grace Road pitch isnt bringing up any luck.

Well what a turnaround today, but batting disappointment. Let's hope we can make the follow-on. 204-7

glyn said:
Only just seen the team and the fact that Sadler has been left out. WTF? He's a far classier batsman than Johnny Maunders.

Sorry Mr.Maunders :icon_redf :icon_redf

John Maunders has scored 4 centuries for Leicestershire. The earliest of which was scored on the 23rd of August! You had every right to be sceptical.

Two top scores in two innings though. Is this a new John Maunders?

By 'eck. Boro look to be back in it!

Hazzman said:
The Lane, you happen to endure the beauty of four-day cricket. One Day is a tad more exciting and 20Twenty is super exciting. Cricket is a sport of beauty.

I had a friend explain the rules to me again today. :) I'm probably going to the one-day match on Monday against Warwickshire. I think it is a one day....

I hope you've had a good time at GR. I imagine it pisses all over ice hockey :)

Leics 70/1 needing another 340 on the final day. Although Surrey are favourites I don't think we should be ruled out of it just yet! A good first session tomorrow and who knows.

CM said:

Leics 70/1 needing another 340 on the final day. Although Surrey are favourites I don't think we should be ruled out of it just yet! A good first session tomorrow and who knows.

Well Yorkshire did it twice to us last season. We need Mongia to show some class, otherwise we'll collapse quicker than an England side needing 150 to win an ODI

19 runs from Mongia in the match. Not good enough for an Overseas player, and until he starts scoring hundreds there is no way we should have Snape at 6.

CM said:

Personally, I have very little interest in ice hockey. Although, it was my favourite sport when I was younger.

Does the concession price include students at Grace Road??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00